Question Why would PCGAMER.com be using 3 GB of memory in Chrome?

May 2, 2020
Visit site
First I want to say that I have only love for PCGAMER, I used to wait impatiently for the mag to hit shelves in my local 7-11 and I can still remember the '94 Transport Tycoon cover and the demo cd-roms. Been a yearly subscriber to the mag since like 2001. So I don't want my feedback to come off as harsh.

I noticed this issue today when my Chrome was chewing up a lot of ram so I did the shift+esc move to see which individual pages were causing it. In general I find the website needs a lot of work. It's a bit clunky. I need to refresh it often, and a lot of the time it just hangs in chrome. Maybe I'm off and it's just a chrome issue, but I seem to have the problems with it over and over. Not to mention paying for the PCGamer Club and still getting the adblocker message every time I visit the page, even though I am logged in.

SHaines

Community Manager
Staff member
Hey there,

Thanks for the feedback. We have noticed an issue with the main PC Gamer site that impacts Chrome, but hits Firefox a bit harder. This was reported by other users and we've opened a ticket for our internal teams to investigate. In the meanwhile, please bear with us.

I'll follow up with folks on the AdBlocker pop-up when a member of the PC Gamer Club, but we may not be able to provide a solution before the end of this month when the PCG Club closes down. All members of the club should have received an email notice with the details.

We do appreciate it whenever folks call out issues so we can try to get them sorted out ASAP, so please feel free to call things out as they pop up. Have a great weekend!

May 2, 2020
Visit site
Hey there,

Thanks for the feedback. We have noticed an issue with the main PC Gamer site that impacts Chrome, but hits Firefox a bit harder. This was reported by other users and we've opened a ticket for our internal teams to investigate. In the meanwhile, please bear with us.

I'll follow up with folks on the AdBlocker pop-up when a member of the PC Gamer Club, but we may not be able to provide a solution before the end of this month when the PCG Club closes down. All members of the club should have received an email notice with the details.

We do appreciate it whenever folks call out issues so we can try to get them sorted out ASAP, so please feel free to call things out as they pop up. Have a great weekend!

Thanks! Yeah I got the email about it closing down? So no option to pay to support the PCGAMER crew anymore or is something new coming?

TRENDING THREADS