Who is the most destructive video game protagonist in your experience?

Shepard caused (or at least contributed to) some major destruction over the course of the Mass Effect trilogy. The Chosen One in Fallout 3 could blow up Megaton. And Sam & Max have destroyed numerous things in their various installments, from the U.S. architecture in Hit The Road, to the entire internet in Reality 2.0.

Well, if you're going for destruction of property then it's got to be Rico Rodriguez from Just Cause or maybe someone from a Red Faction game.
Came here to mention these exact two games!

My personal pick would be the mayor from any SimCity title, whoever he is. The man has godlike powers! At his whim, Sims are subjected to earthquakes, hurricanes, meteor strikes, alien invasions and the wrath of Godzilla (or King Koopa) himself! No matter how idyllic the city, you would have to be an absolute lunatic to live in any place that has 'Sim' in the name.

Meteor-Shot-600x337.png

Cloudy with a chance of death.

Whoever controls the lives of the individuals in The Sims also deserves a shoutout. Locking people up in basements or drowning them in pools by removing the steps is a vile thing to do.

Zoid

Community Contributor
Well, if you're going for destruction of property then it's got to be Rico Rodriguez from Just Cause or maybe someone from a Red Faction game.
Came here to mention these exact two games!
I also came here to mention these two. Easily the first two games that come to mind when you say the word "destructive."

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
I have several picks. First, my own: Anyone remember Prototype? Another is Raiden from Metal Gear Rising:Revengeance. All the protagonists in the Darksiders games. I agree with I Will Haunt You regarding the Red Faction game. I also agree with Krud: Shepard trashed 500K Batarians in ME2 and (depending on your choice) destroyed the Reapers, arguably the most destructive force in the galaxy. An honorable mention, in my opinion would be good ol' Gordon Freeman. He definitely blew up a lot of stuff on his way to Xen, not to mention what he did in HF2. I always found it amusing how a 27 y.o. science nerd could so quickly become adept with all the weapons he found.

Feb 14, 2020
Visit site
I agree with the Just Cause posts, there is just a LOT of environmental destruction going on in those titles that are all attributed to Rico Rodriguez.

In terms of self-destruction and destruction of my morality it'd have to be Captain Walker in Spec Ops: The Line.
That is one hell of an underrated game.

Reactions: Zoid
Feb 14, 2020
Visit site
I have several picks. First, my own: Anyone remember Prototype? Another is Raiden from Metal Gear Rising:Revengeance. All the protagonists in the Darksiders games. I agree with I Will Haunt You regarding the Red Faction game. I also agree with Krud: Shepard trashed 500K Batarians in ME2 and (depending on your choice) destroyed the Reapers, arguably the most destructive force in the galaxy. An honorable mention, in my opinion would be good ol' Gordon Freeman. He definitely blew up a lot of stuff on his way to Xen, not to mention what he did in HF2. I always found it amusing how a 27 y.o. science nerd could so quickly become adept with all the weapons he found.
Prototype was awesome. I wish they would release a few more sequels to that.

Reactions: Mazer

TRENDING THREADS