Question Which rx 6600 xt is better ?

Mar 10, 2023
Visit site
Hello, i have little question. Which rx 6600 xt is better ?
1. PowerColor AXRX 6600XT 8GBD6,
2. XFX Speedster RX 6600 XT MERC 308
3. XFX Radeon RX 6600 XT Speedster QICK.
Thank you

Hi and welcome.

As far as I can tell, the XFX Merc has an LED logo on the top and is otherwise exactly the same specs on cooler and GPU as the QICK.

The Powercolor Fighter is a little bit smaller and so probably a little louder under full load than the XFX cards, not 100% sure as I cant find comparitive testing of these two models from teh same site. Otherwise as they are all Radeon RX6600 cards they will perform almost the same in games.

Which one is best depends whether you care about the LED logo or noise more than the price, I expect the Fighter is a bit cheaper.

Mar 10, 2023
Visit site
Not sure where in Europe you are, but in Germany you can get one of these for €57, and its as cheap as I'll recommend from what I can find on Partpicker.

More than enough for an RX 6600XT with your system.
Thank you, but in the shop is out of stock https://www.alza.cz/cooler-master-mwe-bronze-650-v2-230v-d6250257.htm
Can u recommend me another one ? thank you.

Its difficult, theres not a lot around at your budget. Took a while but this will work, shame that CM one is sold out.

This one isnt terrible. I'm not unhappy to recommend this based on the details I can find about it. Its certainly better than anything else for a similar price on that site.

PSU Cultists Tier list C,

Reactions: Brian Boru
A different model, which they iterated on and fixed a long time ago. This one seems fine for that price, everything else at a similar cost is a dumpster fire on that site, I spent quite a long time looking into them ;)

It was already 63 Euros in Cz as far as Google can tell me. Any brand of PSU maker has lemons, and Gigabyte had a giant lemon with the GP750/850 which has been a PR nightmare for them. OTOH, they do still have some decent quality units as reviewed, so brand isn't everything. I'll show my work a bit:

I'm certainly no electrical engineer, but I do have a 20 year old cert I barely used saying I'm an electronic test technician, so I know a little of the basics. Since JonnyGuru went down if I can't find a review from Aris at Toms, Hardware Busters, TPU, or KitGuru, I revert to the Tier list here:

Where people with deeper understanding on these things try to make a list for people like us to reference.

The units at 600 to 650 watts that are in OPs price range on the site provided.

EVOLVEO FX650 80Plus Bronze Never heard of the brand and not listed anywhere, huge red flag.
SilverStone Strider Essential 80Plus ST60F-ES230 600W Tier E avoid (I think, might be unlisted the nomenclature is a bit unclear, certainly not higher.)
FSP Fortron HYPER K PRO 600 Tier E Avoid
Cougar VTE600 Tier E Avoid
Zalman MegaMax ZM600-TXII Tier E Avoid
Zalman ZM600-LX II Tier E Avoid
GIGABYTE P650B Tier C Low End

The Gigabyte is still the only one in that price range here with a design that avoids problems with voltage regulation. The reason most cheap PSUs dont have that kind of design is that its more expensive to make.

Partpicker Czech Republic is showing some Bequiet system power 10 550W which is rated as low priority Tier C meaning it has minor issues compared to Tier C, might be questionable quality caps or a loud or cheap fan, that kind of thing.

Corsair CV 550W is there but is a cheaper design that's not as good at regulating voltage AFAIK. Its unlisted in the tier list although they do list the 650W model under Tier C. The fact they specifically didnt list the 550W means it didnt make that cut.

Other options if you can order from Germany, this one is OK, also Tier C.

Thermaltake Smart BM2 650 which is the same OEM and design as the Adata with some minor downgrades according to the review above. Its semi modular and has a better 5 year warranty compared to the Gigabyte and Adata above that both have 3 years.

Ideally we would be looking at Tier B and above, and that's what I list if I'm doing a build for a mid budget and above, but when the budget isn't there we get the best we can. According to what I can find these are the best options available for the budget given. Hope that helps some :)

The MSI unit will get a vote of confidence from me on any day, given the build above and you do meet the minimum power requirements of the Powercolor GPU as shown on their site, here. If it was at all possible a little more headroom would've been ideal though not everyone will have disposable funds.

TRENDING THREADS