Question Which power supply?

Jan 4, 2021
Visit site
Hi guys, i'm building a pc and i have no idea what power supply i need for my system.

These are the components:
- Ryzen 5 2600X
-Radeon RX 5500 XT 8 GB
-PNY XLR8 RGB 2 x 8 GB RAM
-Gigabyte B450M GAMING Motherboard
-Gigabyte 256GB SSD m.2
-Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD

Does anyone know what wattage i need for this system? Or does anyone know how i can determine which power supply i need?

Thanks

Jan 4, 2021
Visit site
At least a 550W reliably built PSU for the entire system but I'd ask to keep some more watts as headroom if you intend to overclock on the system listed above.
The calculator you listed tells me my system will consume about 330 Watts. So let's say i get a PS of about 500 Watts will be safe?

I didn't list a PSU calculator. I also want you to know that wattage isn't the only thing you look for in a PSU, you should invest in a reliably built(read quality) PSU if you don't want the rest of your investments to remain intact. I've also seen people who had a house fire due to a badly built PSU.

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
Jan 4, 2021
Visit site
Jan 4, 2021
Visit site
650W version yes, 550W version no, not for your build. What sort of a budget are you looking at and what is your preferred site for purchase? Newegg? PCpartPicker?
I don't live in the US so I can not use newegg for parts. I selected one of the bigger PC part shops in my country.
Also, I am already above my budget, XD

Mentioning where you're located is a good idea and also mentioning a local PC part's site for us to look at would help us understand what you have access to, otherwise we're just flying blind. You've spent a good amount on your innards for the PC, you can't spent a fraction of that to protect your investments? The PSU is considered the heart of the system. If it has a heart attack, the rest will suffer as well.

Jan 4, 2021
Visit site
Mentioning where you're located is a good idea and also mentioning a local PC part's site for us to look at would help us understand what you have access to, otherwise we're just flying blind. You've spent a good amount on your innards for the PC, you can't spent a fraction of that to protect your investments? The PSU is considered the heart of the system. If it has a heart attack, the rest will suffer as well.
I'm based in the Netherlands, and I order my parts from the site www.azerty.nl
Also, i wanted the build to stay under a certain price, but its not a big deal if i spend some more.

Here you go:

That last link is practically bomb proof and you can hold onto the unit for a long while, in spite of an overclock. You can also drop in an RX6700's when they come out(hopefully in March 2021...just hope it's not a paper launch).

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2021
Visit site
Here you go:

That last link is practically bomb proof and you can hold onto the unit for a long while, in spite of an overclock. You can also drop in an RX6700's when they come out(hopefully in March 2021...just hope it's not a paper launch.
Okay, that helped me a lot in making a choice, thanks

Reactions: Lutfij

TRENDING THREADS