Which laptop would you pick between these five?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2020
Visit site
Hi! I'm an engineering student and I wanna buy a new laptop. I play sometimes, but not usually, and, even if I want my computer to be powerful, I wanna make sure that it would be fast in creating tasks, multimedia, ofimatics and an exigent daily use which can be hard sometimes. I'm not exigent with games,I mean, I love playing, and I do wanna play with my new laptop, but I'm not obsessed with fps or this kind of things. I wanna make a choice between the following ones:

From this one, I like that it's AMD, which is much better than intel I think. I have the feeling that it would be more fluid relating to creating tasks and multimedia, but maybe I'm wrong!

This one is here because of the prize, the 17.3 screen and the AMD CPU. I just have some doubts about the GPU. What do you think about it? Would it supply my needs?

I really think that getting a 2070 max-q for that prize is crazy, even if it comes with the i7-10750h. Would you take it? I'm looking for a durable laptop which can be useful in no matter what kind of task, from yt videos or ofimatics to creating programs or exigent games! But I don't really pay attention to fps if the images are clear and fluid enough to my eye.

These two have basically the same specs, but I don't know which one should I choose. Their 17.3 screen and the RTX 2060 really catch my eye!

Thanks in advance for your responses! :)

Oct 7, 2020
Visit site
As per your requirements I would highly suggest you a Razer Stealth 15 or a Asus Rog Zephyrus . They are amazing laptops and I feel like they are tailored for your needs. Lightweight, Powerful, Very Durable and with a long Battery Life. Everything you can you ask for. Just choose the specs as per your budget .

Reactions: Sabil
I personally am not a fan of Acer laptops and here is why. I have had two recent ones within the past 2 years, the specs look good but they had some underlying issues. The first was how they are built, if I wanted to increase the SSD size or RAM size I had to take out the motherboard because they are not readily accessible if you take off the back cover. This was the case for the Acer Triton. The other issue I had was it didn't like to switch from intergraded graphics to the 20 series card, it was drop the 20 series card and say it wasn't installed. I fought with them about this for almost a year. In the end Amazon refunded me my money on it. I have an Asus right now and its amazing.

Dec 7, 2020
Visit site
The first was how they are built, if I wanted to increase the SSD size or RAM size I had to take out the motherboard because they are not readily accessible if you take off the back cover. This was the case for the Acer Triton.

That's really interesting. My Acer Nitro 5 has an easy access panel to upgrade the RAM and the SSD is easy to upgrade as well. Then again, the Nitro is known for that sort of thing.

There are very few differences between the Nitro and the Predator, though, so I'd also be surprised if it's an issue with the Acer Predator Helios.....although if I think about it, the Predator Helios does have a more updated/efficient cooling system, so I suppose it is possible that access is different due to that.

Apr 16, 2021
Visit site
I have used ASUS laptops quite a while, I think those are great ones, quiet, cool, have plenty of power to handle newer games. Now I have the Lenovo Y540, but ASUS TUF is the second one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS