Which is the Best Game of last 5 years?

Which among these is the Best Game of last 5 years and Why?

• Ghosts of Tsushima

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Days Gone

• Spider Man

• Death Stranding

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Outer Wilds? Horizon: Zero Dawn? X4: Foundation? Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children? Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous? Divinity: Original Sin 2 Director's Cut (the base game is just barely over 5 years old, I think)? Final Fantasy 7 Remake? There are so many other possibilities beyond that list!

Reactions: mainer
I thought I posted this last night, but I must have gotten busy and didn't hit the button. Anyway...

Breath of the Wild was 5.5 years ago, so I guess it doesn't count. If we're only counting PC versions, then Horizon Zero Dawn was only a couple of years ago. I might choose that. I might put A Plague Tale: Innocence on there, and I'm really enjoying Immortals: Fenyx Rising a lot.

Reactions: Brian Boru
I apologize for not including the 'None of the above' option.

I got to admit I've only played and completed the above-mentioned games except death stranding (stuck at some place). Big fan of third-person shooter RPG games that revolves around brilliant storytelling combined with spectacular graphics. Some of these games make you wonder if you are playing a movie for real. I prefer that realism in my games.

I know there are a lot more games out there but it's just not for me. Sorry. I enjoy playing sports & strategy games though, at times.

A Plague Tale: Innocence was a total surprise and loved it but couldn't complete it. Horizon Zero Dawn wasn't engaging enough for me.

Last edited:
None of the above
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for adding 'None of the above' to the poll—it's now taken a commanding lead :)

RDR2 is the one of the list I intend to play some future year. I tried Control but the TPP view ruined it for me, had to quit quickly.

Best I've played of last 5 years:
#1 Far Cry 5
#2 Command and Conquer Remastered
#3 Civilization VI: Gathering Storm

Reactions: mainer
RDR2 is the one of the list I intend to play some future year.
RDR2 is on my "want to play" list also, as some of the screenshots I've seen are visually stunning. I also seems to have an in-depth story and fun combat.

As far as the poll goes, I had to vote "none of the above", as I haven't played any of those games, though I have an interest in playing RDR2. I replay more older games every year than I do new releases, as the majority of new releases just don't interest me as much.

Games that I've played and enjoyed that were released in the past 5 years:
Wasteland 3 (2020)
Elex (2017)
Elex 2 (2022)
Solasta Crown of the Magister (2020)
Mass Effect Legendary (2021)

Zloth

Community Contributor
Control is mighty good, as is Death Stranding. Horizon: Zero Dawn had a slow start but, once you climbed the "tower of lore" and found out what "Zero Dawn" actually was about, it got very good! Other recent greats (IMHO)
  • X4: Foundations. I went on about it extensively last year.
  • Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children. I went on about it, too!
  • Outer Wilds. I would have gone on about it, but it's one of those games that's best if you don't know a whole lot about it.
  • Subnautica. Best exploration anywhere and, as such, even the trailers are terribly spoiling.
  • Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Great story (that's just starting), great cutscenes, great music, great battles, dull side quests - but you can skip them.
  • XCOM 2: War of the Chosen. We would call that an expansion pack back in the day. Makes the great XCOM 2 even better.
  • Battletech. Similar to XCOM but even better because of all the mech designs you can make. If you aren't into turn-based combat, look at Mechwarrior 5 instead, which is also great once you mod it up a little.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS