Question Which Couch Co Op Games do you wish you could play with your friends? I need suggestions

JunaeBenne

Jan 20, 2021
Visit site
Over the weekend I learned how to use Parsec. It lets me play any game I have on my PC with friends who don't have that game. So now, I want to play EVERYTHING ever!! A few games I've already tested out. Overcooked 2, Rayman Legends, and Unravel Two. I'm gonna get started on my Lego collection really soon.

It's also pretty cool because of Arcade mode. Random users can share their games with you in this mode so it's a great place to test out games you might like.

I always associate couch-coop with traditional brawlers, mainly due to the twin pillars of my formative years on Sega; Double Dragon and Streets of Rage.

On PC you've got plenty of options outside of emulation, Castle Crashers is a classic for a reason and Shank 2 is also brilliant if challenging co-op. More recently we've seen Streets of Rage 4, several River City Rampage reboots and a bunch of classic arcade ports like the Dungeons and Dragons brawlers. Scott Pilgrim just returned to shopfronts too and is almost impossible to enjoy without the help of one or more friends.

Stardew Valley recently got a Split Screen mode.

Magicka has couch co-op and is a fantastic game. I still have to get around to playing the sequel some time.

Any board games without hidden elements are fine to play in local co-op on Tabletop Simulator. D&D Adventures and Don't Let It Die come to mind, but you can also play competitive game like, for example, Terra Mystica, Quarriors and Iron Dragon.

Any turn based game, such as the Civilization series, that allows for hotseat play could also be played cooperatively.

Going through my Steam games, I also see Hammerwatch, Legend of Dungeon, Monaco and RIP 3: The Last Hero (other twin stick/arcade shooters might also work).

I also just stumbled upon something called Nucleus Co-Op, which allows you to start multiple instances of a game and let them connect to each other, allowing you to play games split screen that normally don't support it. It claims to work with over 250 games at the moment.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbituCgu3Bc&feature=emb_title

JunaeBenne

Jan 20, 2021
Visit site
Stardew Valley recently got a Split Screen mode.

Magicka has couch co-op and is a fantastic game. I still have to get around to playing the sequel some time.

Any board games without hidden elements are fine to play in local co-op on Tabletop Simulator. D&D Adventures and Don't Let It Die come to mind, but you can also play competitive game like, for example, Terra Mystica, Quarriors and Iron Dragon.

Any turn based game, such as the Civilization series, that allows for hotseat play could also be played cooperatively.

Going through my Steam games, I also see Hammerwatch, Legend of Dungeon, Monaco and RIP 3: The Last Hero (other twin stick/arcade shooters might also work).

I also just stumbled upon something called Nucleus Co-Op, which allows you to start multiple instances of a game and let them connect to each other, allowing you to play games split screen that normally don't support it. It claims to work with over 250 games at the moment.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbituCgu3Bc&feature=emb_title
Oohh, I think you're onto something Tabletop Simulator & Civilization. I wanted to get into Civilization but not by myself.

Reactions: Pifanjr