Question When I turn on the monitor turns off after 2-3 seconds

May 10, 2020
Visit site
Hi, I just build pc with this specs:
Amd athlon 200ge
ASRock a320m HDV R 4.0
Panther sad 120gb
4gb ram
I connected it to the vga cable, turned it on and it worked normally. I downloaded the vga driver from the official ASRock site, and it worked normally, I turned it on and off a few times to see how it works and everything worked normally. I used the computer for about 3-4 hours and turned it off. After half an hour I turned it on and the windows loaded and the image from the monitor disappeared after 3 seconds. I unplugged the cable and plugged it in again, the image was on the monitor for about 3 seconds and disappeared again. I turned off the computer and turned it on and the same thing happened. I unplugged the cable from the monitor and from the computer and turned on the monitor without any contact with the computer and again the image showed 3 seconds and disappeared, I know it's not a problem in the computer because I tested the monitor only with the power cable without the vga cable and it was the same thing again. Please answer me what to do, I need help

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
Usually if a monitor doesn't have a signal, it will go on black. It may or may not give a message with "no signal".

The monitor's logo just shows when it's turned on and it should mean the monitor is working.
- Have you double checked the cable is plugged in correctly?
-Have you messed arround with the buttons under the monitor? Is it possible you changed the monitor input from VGA to HDMI or anything and that's why it's not working?
-Do you have another monitor / TV? If yes, have you tried connecting that one?
- Do you have a videocard in your computer? If yes, where's your VGA cable plugged into? (Videocard/ motherboard).

Otherwise, if you have a different monitor / tv, connect it and try uninstalling the VGA drivers and see if that solves the issue.

Reactions: Djolex and Oussebon
May 10, 2020
Visit site
Usually if a monitor doesn't have a signal, it will go on black. It may or may not give a message with "no signal".

The monitor's logo just shows when it's turned on and it should mean the monitor is working.
- Have you double checked the cable is plugged in correctly?
-Have you messed arround with the buttons under the monitor? Is it possible you changed the monitor input from VGA to HDMI or anything and that's why it's not working?
-Do you have another monitor / TV? If yes, have you tried connecting that one?
- Do you have a videocard in your computer? If yes, where's your VGA cable plugged into? (Videocard/ motherboard).

Otherwise, if you have a different monitor / tv, connect it and try uninstalling the VGA drivers and see if that solves the issue.
I try everything you say here
Now I bought new monitor connect it to screen. It worked 5 minutes and then same problem. I can't believe what is happening to me. Can you have answer for this? Maybe driver problem?

May 10, 2020
Visit site
I try everything you say here
Now I bought new monitor connect it to screen. It worked 5 minutes and then same problem. I can't believe what is happening to me. Can you have answer for this? Maybe driver problem?
How can I repair driver? I think it is driver, I now bought new monitor and same problem worked 5 minutes and and then same problem. Can you tell me what to do now?

TRENDING THREADS