What's your main other entertainment?

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Definitely no way they can do that! Well, maybe they could, but the actors playing the parts of the 3 Rivers young adults would likely be in their 60's by the time it finished. I'm sure plenty of characters are going to go the way of Tom Bombadil, others will get merged together, and so on. In fact, there's already something missing: the "ageless faces" effect isn't there.

What will be rough on me are all the names. I ignored the index and pronounced things however I wanted. The Seat is "Swan Sanchay" for me, for example. Now there shall be a reckoning... ;)
If they start merging characters, or omitting characters, I'm done, I'll just turn it off; in fact, I'm not sure I can even watch it.

And no way can they capture that "ageless face" of an Aes Sedai. I can see it in my mind when reading about it, but how could they convey that feeling in a movie?

And thank the gods that somebody does that besides me, regarding the pronunciation of names, my mind just pronounces names in a certain way, and that's how I always see them. Take Nynaeve for example. The glossary states it's pronounced as NIGH-neev, but my brain pronounces it as NIn-a-veve. Certainly not accurate, but that's how my mind reads it. Weird how our minds can do that, glad I'm not alone in that.

Zloth

Community Contributor
And no way can they capture that "ageless face" of an Aes Sedai. I can see it in my mind when reading about it, but how could they convey that feeling in a movie?
I've never been sure how to even imagine that one. I just end up with somebody who's had far too much plastic surgery.

Weird how our minds can do that, glad I'm not alone in that.
Well the book didn't tell us the right way until the index, which was 800 pages in! More like 1600 for Aes Sedai, which didn't get explained until the second book's index. EYEZ seh-DEYE in canon, but AYS SEH-dee in my own head. Don't ask me how I turned "ai" into a long e.

I've never been sure how to even imagine that one. I just end up with somebody who's had far too much plastic surgery.

Well the book didn't tell us the right way until the index, which was 800 pages in! More like 1600 for Aes Sedai, which didn't get explained until the second book's index. EYEZ seh-DEYE in canon, but AYS SEH-dee in my own head. Don't ask me how I turned "ai" into a long e.

I'm still not entirely sure how you pronounce AYS SEH-dee though. English is pretty rubbish at conveying pronunciation through text.

Primarily reading and music. I really don't watch TV (or shows in general) anymore and I haven't watched a movie in years. For music I collect vinyl and other physical types of music and (obviously) listen to it. Still, music is a bit of an interesting category since it is often accompanied by doing something else (e.g., gaming). In terms of reading I still enjoy it and have for a long time. I read the entire Witcher series while playing through the games and that was highly enjoyable. Still, I definitely don't read as much as I used to. I think it's in part because I currently work in research and am currently getting a Master's degree so I already read too much as it is...

Yoda is short, his cousin is shorter, :LOL: perhaps that's why the emote is smaller :LOL:

ModMat? The one from Gamer's Nexus or Alphacool? I have the one from Alphacool(or I think from FrozenCPU)...got it in 2013. Soldering station? If so, make sure you do it in a well ventilated area...you do not want to inhale the fumes from soldering work. Oh, protective eyewear never hurts :)

I dunno if the kit is big...have yet to feast my eyes on it.

@Lutfij I believe you are right. Things have been feeling a little smaller after I chose that avatar :LOL:
I don't have a soldering station yet, but I'll be getting it after I have dabbled a little with some easier stuff. Thanks for the tip! The mod mat is the Svive Mizar. I also got the Fixit Pro Magnetic Project Mat and while the magnet is not super strong, it will definitely help in keeping my sausage fingers from dropping screws everywhere.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lutfij
Welcome!

I like that mod mat design. Didn't know they existed until you parsed that link. Reminds me...look into a pegboard(or pegboards) if you're looking into repairing things on a long time basis.

The magnetized tray is a good thing to have. I tend to have an A4 sheet of paper and mark where each screw came from but a sneeze or a slight paper shake can upset their placements. Maybe a larger magnetized tray...? But you're heading down the right path. Tools are your friends! :)

Reactions: Frindis

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Actually games (and games related things) are my main area of interest. Then there's nothing for a long, long time... :) But there are a few things however. Especially movies (especially sci-fi and thrillers) and music (pop and rock). There were also books (sci-fi and fantasy) in the past as well, but unfortunately I only have time to read them on weekends these days...

When I am not submerged in a game, I normally answer questions on forums (like this) and help people figure out wtf is wrong with their PC now. Not enough time to play games and do that so last month, one was not done... maybe this month I will try to rebalance it. Most years I don't have anything to play so I binge when I do.

My favorite author was Terry Pratchett but ever since he died I haven't found anyone I want to read. Might rebuy Dune series again. But I mostly read my monitor now days.

Terry Pratchett but ever since he died I haven't found anyone I want to read
See if there's anyone here:

Dune series
I thought that deteriorated after the first book. Then again, the 1st was so phenomenal I guess nothing following could match it. I didn't like the last 3 of the series—can't recall why now tho, it's been 40 years :)

Reactions: Pifanjr
His son continued the series so I doubt the last 3 in series are the same books anymore.

I read them all, be hard to make movie do the entire series justice, the new movie is only really the prologue to the actual story, everything happens after Paul goes into the desert. His son was the real problem, a ruler who ruled for 3500 years. Thats stagnation at top if you ever seen it, he went through many generations of Duncan Idaho clones. Entire empires only had one person to deal with for centuries.

I will try to think to look at that link later.

Reactions: Pifanjr

TRENDING THREADS