What's your favorite piece of games merch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2020
Visit site
Artbooks are my favorite by a very large margin, and I'm glad more of them can be nowadays bought independently, I hate when a big hefty artbook is limited to collector's editions.

The next thing I like owning is little in-universe high quality items, like the Septim coin from TES: Oblivion.

I do love good quality statues but unfortunately the best ones are too expensive for me, and they eat up display/storage a bit too fast. I enjoy collecting the ones from the Assassin's Creed CE's and the Dark Horse Witcher ones, pretty good bang for the buck.

I used to like steelbooks too, when they were the big pc-dvd format (I think it's called G1 format?). When almost everybody started unifying the pc and console steelbooks in the smaller format I stopped caring about them, I mean they're still some of the nicer things to have in a CE compared to other items but I'm not that excited as before.

Last but not least, I love special looking boxes. Be it thick, sturdy cardboard (like Spore CE, Broken Sword 5 CE) or metal (like Anno 2205, the Fallout lunchbox or STALKER radiation ed), or even plastic if they have a distinctively unique look on the shelf (Fallout anthology mini-nuke).

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I prefer when items from within the game are created in the real world. Something high quality that isn't necessarily obviously from a game world are usually nice!

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
The Big Daddy statue I got with the Bioshock collector's edition back in 2007. Weighty and menacing he sits, greeting visitors to my basement gaming den with a drill to the face.

Reactions: Frindis
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS