What's the last game you abandoned?

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
D4 has been a letdown, for sure. I really enjoyed D3, maybe too much if there is such a thing.

I really wanted to like D4, but not so much.
I got roughly 1K hours in D3. It was great and the only major issue I had with the game was when they removed the trading system. The buy/selling part was a lot of fun, but Blizzard didn't know how to make it work, unfortunately. Maybe if they had a sitdown with old Jaggex, who knows.

So i bought xbox game pass for the last month to play A. The newest COD campaign and B. Atlas Fallen to see what it was like (missed it on steam last year).

Both have been abandoned. I might go back and finish them but i have no motivation to atm.

I see the last few posts about the Diablo 4 hate lol. I personally play it still as a regular game, it has...many issues still but its a game i havent abandoned yet (mainly because i have the exp. coming and i need to make use of the money i spent on it lol) but the overall aesthetic of the game is by far and wide my favorite out of the newer arpgs out there (not including Grim Dawn)

I was tired of endlessly grinding to get strong enough to move forward.

Yesterday, I decided to give another go.

Today, I defeated Lilith.

Other than buying game, no in game purchases.

I thought the main point of most ARPGs is to work to get stronger to move ahead. Theres a point where it just comes to min-maxing your builds, but for the most part (outside of the storylines) isnt that just the goal? To get stronger? Take on mobs and mobs of enemies at a time?

Yes, the grind to 100 is a lot easier now, i like that though personally simply because i dont put long sessions of diablo 4 in. I rank up 10-15 levels in an hour (at lower tiers) and then i play something else because the one thing i do hate about D4 is the burnout it can quickly cause.

I got roughly 1K hours in D3. It was great and the only major issue I had with the game was when they removed the trading system. The buy/selling part was a lot of fun, but Blizzard didn't know how to make it work, unfortunately. Maybe if they had a sitdown with old Jaggex, who knows.

Idk if you've played D4 recently, but you can buy, sell and trade in some fashion now. If you temper or mod the stuff in any way then no, but there is a system in place (not what it used to be in say D2) but there is one. Have been tempted to buy this one item im looking for tbh but i wont succumb!

I tried D4 for free on Game Pass. I leveled up a sorcerer and barbarian to 100, then I gave away around 60 million from each character to a random guy before deleting both characters. I wanted to like the game, but the way you had to optimize your gear was just incredibly dumb compared to Diablo 3. In Diablo 3 you at least had the luxury to quickly level up, get a good set of gear, and then grind for the ancient and primal gear to further enhance your character. The further forging in D3 was 1000 times better than the shait you have in D4. Getting Crit Chance/Crit Dmg on your gear was not hard to get, compared to in D4 where you have to piss on the RNG lord to bless you with it.

So there are still RNG problems youre not wrong there lol, this time with their "mythics". I've ran countless higher-tier end game content to not get a single one in one night, so there is that BUT D2 was literally the same way with its "charms", people spending years trying to find 1 or 2 words they never found etc.

But the grind to 100 is incredibly easy now. On top of that, you can temper your gear to just be godly without any special gear.

I did nothing to build up my gear until well after 50 and i was able to smash through their lvl 50 and 70 "capstone" dungeons below the level (was a 31 or 32 for the 50 and 58 for the 70). Even now, my one sorc has nothing "masterworked", i have a couple of uniques that help my build, but not the necessary one i NEED need and im crushing nightmare dungeons 30 levels under (bosses in the dungeon take longer, but all bosses health were buffed before this season)

Last edited:
Diablo 4 is now on Steam and is free to play right now, though its a limited time.

Did they ever fix the inventory system? That is what stopped me playing it. I had to take a break last year to help mum recover from an operation and I never bothered returning.

It would have been better with an offline mode. I might still play it then. Seasons at first just split the population. The 1st server was really busy and then dead in less than a day. Obviously they don't want people to not buy their season passes. Its not the game I want to partake in.
Which is funny as I loved Diablo 2 long ago, but the people who made it aren't here now. Its evident. We live in a time of people who inherited greatness but can't replicate it.

Diablo 4 is now on Steam and is free to play right now, though its a limited time.

Did they ever fix the inventory system? That is what stopped me playing it. I had to take a break last year to help mum recover from an operation and I never bothered returning.

It would have been better with an offline mode. I might still play it then. Seasons at first just split the population. The 1st server was really busy and then dead in less than a day. Obviously they don't want people to not buy their season passes. Its not the game I want to partake in.
Which is funny as I loved Diablo 2 long ago, but the people who made it aren't here now. Its evident. We live in a time of people who inherited greatness but can't replicate it.

They havent added a loot filter but theres no other inventory issue, to me, anymore. With reduced item drops on completions of bosses, dungeons etc., tempering being added, the use of scrolls and the change to how we gain the different aspects, theres been no need to hold onto any item aside from mythics and uber uniques.

I'd say give it a quick try again. This week they have their "mothers gift" of increasing xp and gold going on right now and i hope your mother recovered good!

Yea i can agree that people inherited greatness they cant replicate in a lot of entertainment mediums nowadays lol

I have to say that my 3DS collection has suffered from 2 games abandoned recently.

The first was Paper Mario sticker star got to the penultimate stages and i just got sick of playing it. The problem was that all attacks have a sort of ammo limit. Run out of certain set of stickers? tough luck. its a tedious and annoying mechanic as i can't fill my album with the best stickers if i want to maximize combat and have enough attacks to survive a tough battle. its made more annoying when some bosses require certain attacks/stickers and its a bit trial and error.

As mentioned in my other comments: Shin Megami Tensei IV - my SD card gave up the ghost and all my save games went with it. So 60+ hours of play lost and that is bloody annoying as hell. Unless that SD card lives and i can grab the files off before it dies again, i'm not playing it again. Which is a shame as i was so very close to beating it and all that effort to get the neutral ending down the drain.

Aug 25, 2024
Visit site
The last game I abandoned was Amnesia: The Bunker. I liked the game until I didn't. Basically every time the beast would come around there was no way for me to not die and the game is already kinda frustrating due to the mechanic of needing to keep collecting fuel to be able to turn the lights on to advance. Also, Silent Hill Homecoming because the game stopped allowing me to aim and fire weapons.

TRENDING THREADS