whats the difference between a chromebook and notebook

May 23, 2020
Visit site
hello

quick question about laptops ( not gaming laptops ) what's the difference between a Chromebook, a notebook and a laptop, and whatever else there is. can someone tell me.

Notebooks are essentially the low end of laptops and are lower powered and smaller (11-13") that can't do much more than web surfing and use basic apps. If browsing the internet and using web app is your thing this should suffice.

Laptops vary in power and size but are generally bigger (14-17") and more powerful than notebooks, being able to handle more difficult tasks usually with much more storage and memory than notebooks. So if you want to use more powerful apps and the like you'll need to bump up to a system that can support your needs.

Chromebooks are note books that run Chrome OS (based on a Linux kernal) that uses Crhome as its UI and also usually has Android built in for using Android app.

Last edited:
May 23, 2020
Visit site
Notebooks are essentially the low end of laptops and are lower powered and smaller (11-13") that can't do much more than web surfing and use basic apps. If browsing the internet and using web app is your thing this should suffice.

Laptops vary in power and size but are generally bigger (14-17") and more powerful than notebooks, being able to handle more difficult tasks usually with much more storage and memory than notebooks. So if you want to use more powerful apps and the like you'll need to bump up to a system that can support your needs.

Chromebooks are note books that run Chrome OS (based on a Linux kernal) that uses Crhome as its UI and also usually has Android built in for using Android app.
so it's a laptop I want. How much would a laptop be?

Depends on what you need it to do and how big a screen you want. You won't find any inexpensive 17" laptops, and a $300 laptop isn't good for serious media work like Photoshop.

My recommendation is to get an entry level gaming laptop, right around the $700 range. They will do just about everything you want with the good amount of memory and storage they typically have as well as decent CPU and GPU power.

It's always better to overshoot your needs then come up short.

Reactions: Oussebon

TRENDING THREADS