Question What time do you normally stay up playing games till?

Feb 22, 2022
Visit site
Feeling like a night owl and my thoughts turning inward due to the void, I was wondering if I am the only one awake till daft o clock due to video games. Currently playing Elden Ring and Lost Ark and I have found myself up until 4am and not wanting to sleep anytime soon for a few nights now so, wanting to know what time you all stay up till and what games are currently keeping you away?

If I am playing a game I want to play, I only play on nights that I know I don't have to worry about what I am doing the next day. Generally, I don't have a time... though often if the sun is coming up I will take the hint :)

I have been known to stay up 24 hours playing a game before. Lucky for me (I guess) there aren't that many games I want to play or I would never get anywhere.

I keep a strict time schedule when it comes to games. I usually play between 6-8pm weekdays, weekends i play from 12pm-2pm on the pc and maybe from 2pm-3pm as well as the usual 6-8pm session. I do play from 11pm-12.30am ish. sometimes to 1am on rare occassions.

Just can't stay up that long tbh. i need sleep and i don't get enough tbh.

Last edited:
I do the opposite. i go to bed early and get up between 3 and 4 and play games until I have to get ready for the morning. I got into this habit when my kids were small, and early morning was the only time there was peace in the house.
I do this at weekends, during the week I normally only get an hour every other day to play anything.

I dont function well with below 6 hours sleep at night, not as young as I used to be.

My bed is my chair, so staying "up" all night isn't hard. I like cold nights, PC doesn't run hot on those. I just turn electric blanket up but it doesn't get cold here really. Not -25c cold anyway. typing gets hard when its cold.
You don't consider it cold until it gets to -25c? We consider it cold where I live if you have to take off your shorts and put pants on. If it actually got down to -25c, we'd close businesses and schools for the day. Back in January, they called for an inch of snow, and we cleaned the grocery stores out thinking we were going to be trapped inside for a week.

You don't consider it cold until it gets to -25c? We consider it cold where I live if you have to take off your shorts and put pants on. If it actually got down to -25c, we'd close businesses and schools for the day. Back in January, they called for an inch of snow, and we cleaned the grocery stores out thinking we were going to be trapped inside for a week.
I'm from the Midwest US, where it's not unheard of to get some decent snows and below 0F weather from time to time. But when I was a Junior in high school, we moved to southern North Carolina for one year and lived pretty close to the beach. The winter that we lived there, one day we got just a dusting of snow that didn't even cover the grass, and they let us go home from school early, and everyone was freaking out.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Feeling like a night owl and my thoughts turning inward due to the void, I was wondering if I am the only one awake till daft o clock due to video games. Currently playing Elden Ring and Lost Ark and I have found myself up until 4am and not wanting to sleep anytime soon for a few nights now so, wanting to know what time you all stay up till and what games are currently keeping you away?

I'm too old to spend nights on playing games. :p 5-6 years ago I often stayed until 2 or 3 AM playing games and TBH I remember these times as one of the best in my life. :) I miss those days, but unfortunately the older you get, the more you value your health and it's physically less advisable to stay that long.

Feb 22, 2022
Visit site
Some funny replies :D

Yes I think I am on the brink of wanting to play late every night, and thinking of my health but these are the best days of my life that I am living right now but feeling they are coming to an end. I bought a new gaming pc 2 year ago and until now I barely played any games on it and I seemed to of found the world of MMORPG which has opened up a new library of games for me to enjoy.

Almost feel like the next few years of my life are going to be dedicated to this new roster of games to complete and some of them take full commitment. Now the summer is here, getting back into my normal routine of going to bed early and getting up early feels a must, as I do like to go out rather than stay indoors but then I find myself having played until the sun goes down and forgetting that I wanted to go out that day.

Btw, as a kid I used to get back up after parents had went to bed around 11pm and drink coffee all night until 5:30am playing games (Tactical Ops: Assault on Terror was the shizz!) and then have a hour before school but always falling asleep in class so spent most time sleeping in school. I also used to watch every Monday night Raw which was on 2am I believe WWF at its best.

Yes I think I am on the brink of wanting to play late every night, and thinking of my health but these are the best days of my life that I am living right now but feeling they are coming to an end...
Your capabilities and the way your life looks may change, but there's no reason you can't keep having the best days of your life. It just might mean something different than it used to.

TRENDING THREADS