What should I upgrade? (current specs listed)

MangoPop

BANNED
Apr 13, 2020
Visit site
if gaming @ 1080p I would upgrade the GPU to a GTX 970 (about $80 shipped on eBay). Try to get the MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G (has the best, quietest cooler)

Zoid

Community Contributor
if gaming @ 1080p I would upgrade the GPU to a GTX 970 (about $80 shipped on eBay). Try to get the MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G (has the best, quietest cooler)
An RX570 and a GTX 970 are similar in performance, and the RX570 is a newer card, so this would not be an upgrade. A GTX 970 is a great performance value for $80, but it is not a good choice for OP given their current PC.

Reactions: Oussebon

MangoPop

BANNED
Apr 13, 2020
Visit site
An RX570 and a GTX 970 are similar in performance, and the RX570 is a newer card, so this would not be an upgrade. A GTX 970 is a great performance value for $80, but it is not a good choice for OP given their current PC.

ur right, it would have to be a GTX 1660 Super

The OP hasn't told us what's 'wrong' with their performance - what they want to improve - so advising on upgrades right now is a bad idea.

No point buying an GTX 1660 Super if actually they're having drops due to CPU performance, or a driver issue, or the game being on an HDD while something else is heavily using the drive, etc... :)

Zoid

Community Contributor
The OP hasn't told us what's 'wrong' with their performance - what they want to improve - so advising on upgrades right now is a bad idea.

No point buying an GTX 1660 Super if actually they're having drops due to CPU performance, or a driver issue, or the game being on an HDD while something else is heavily using the drive, etc...
This. And seeing as how OP hasn't responded in 10 days we may never know :p

If it's CoD Warzone we're talking about then getting the "proper performance" OP is looking for might just mean waiting for Activision to fix their packet loss issues.

TRENDING THREADS