What should I play first??? (PC due to arrive soon...)

Aug 23, 2020
Visit site
So. After thinking about getting a 'Gaming PC' back in March, then getting round to ordering it in OCT/NOV only to find out there is a GPU shortage. 'MY first PC' is built and fingers crossed, due to arrive this / early next week.
I am a Surface Book 2 owner. Which I LOVE! But, truth be told, whilst not bought 'to game' I did think the 1060GPU and 16GB RAM would have provided a higher quality of gaming, than it turned. Heyho. Least I can now focus on the good bits of the laptop (The screen, the pen, the build quality)

Alas. MY Build
NZXT H511 Case
Asus x570 TUF Gaming Motherboard
16GB 3200 RAM
3070 GPU
H115i Plat cooler

With that in mind, and a 144hz screen. What 'single-player' (I am finishing up Red Dead on my Xbox X, and I will probably get Cyberpunk on a Xbox Series X in due course) game do I play first? Death Stranding? Maybe a 'car game' to experience the high refresh you wouldn't get on a console?

I'll be getting some planet zoo in, as my hippo escaped in March, and I need to rescue the poor little guy!

Aug 23, 2020
Visit site
NZXT H510(not H511). What processor do you have in that prebuilt system? Looks like you can throw pretty much anything at it and it'd still be smiling. Hippo escaped huh? I hope you didn't scare it off :3
Oh yeah. 3600x CPU

Case is a H511? From PCS (saying that, I gather it's the same as the H510?)

Hippo. I moved a fence - It escaped. 5 mins later my laptop goes max fan noise. I give up. This was back in March

• Haha
Reactions: Lutfij

Zloth

Community Contributor
No idea why you would play Cyberpunk on an XBox when you have a machine like that!?

You could play Red Dead 2 if the first game hasn't burned you out on the Wild West. (Or maybe you are playing that and forgot the 2?)

To really crank up the PC'ness, you could get Skyrim then give it some mods. Then some more mods. Then a lot more mods.

Or maybe put emphasis on the huge library by getting the Knights of the Old Republic games. GOG has'm on sale right now. Or perhaps an indie game like Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children if you like XCOM style games.

Basically, though, you play whatever you want to play! No need to even look at the system requirements as long as you don't accidentally get a VR game.

Aug 23, 2020
Visit site
No idea why you would play Cyberpunk on an XBox when you have a machine like that!?

You could play Red Dead 2 if the first game hasn't burned you out on the Wild West. (Or maybe you are playing that and forgot the 2?)

To really crank up the PC'ness, you could get Skyrim then give it some mods. Then some more mods. Then a lot more mods.

Or maybe put emphasis on the huge library by getting the Knights of the Old Republic games. GOG has'm on sale right now. Or perhaps an indie game like Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children if you like XCOM style games.

Basically, though, you play whatever you want to play! No need to even look at the system requirements as long as you don't accidentally get a VR game.

Yeah, meant Red Dead 2!

Interesting question. Why would I play games on consoles still. And it simply because I like sitting on the sofa playing those AAA games. Big screen and all that. Where as, the 'smaller' PC titles is what I am looking forward too, and yeah (Much like the titles mentioned above!). And finally, being able to boot up anything in my steam cat, and no worry 'will my surface book cope'

Mods. This is something I am looking forward too. I did buy Skyrim recently - So I'll be looking at old PC Gamer Mag for mod tips and tricks!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 190pja
If you aren't signed up then get a month of XBox Game Pass for £1. That gives you a ton of games to play. including Forza Horizon 4 and Doom Eternal.
Just remember to cancel before the end of the first month if you don't want to continue.

• Love
Reactions: 190pja
Aug 23, 2020
Visit site
SO. Build arrived on the 18-Dec-20, been a problem rollercoaster since - Certainly the 'day to day' snappiness doesn't feel as 'quick' as my Surface Book 2?
Alas. Gaming. Problems Problems Problems. Ended up reinstalling windows :-( !

So gaming!

Gears 5 has been my go-to since the machine started working 'proper', everything in ultra / insane! Love it :)
Just downloading Horizon / Short Hike / Gears Tactics / Deliver us to the Moon (See what Ray Tracing is all about)

Case NZXT H511 MID-TOWER GAMING CASE (WHITE)
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Six Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.2GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard ASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM) 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card 10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP
1st M.2 SSD Drive 500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3200MB/W)
Power Supply CORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable 1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling Corsair H115i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Wireless Network Card WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0

Reactions: Zloth

TRENDING THREADS