Question What RPG did you FINALLY find time to play?

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X (remaster)
Persona 5

All within the span of this last year ..... why did I wait so long to play these Masterworks

Currently working on Persona 3, Persona 4, Tales of Vesperia, YS Origins, Ni No Kuni II, Dragon Quest, Nier Automata

I've been slowly but surely making my way through the Witcher 3 , for the last two years. I'm about halfway now, i think. Its a brilliant rpg but i kept getting sidetracked by other games/life in general. I'm determined to see it through though. Hopefully before Cyberpunk 2077 comes out🤞....I have a mountain of RPGs sitting in my backlog and wishlist as well, that i would dearly love to get to. One day, i hope🙏🙏🙏

Lauren Morton

Staff member
Trying to get stuck into Divinity original sin, I'm rubbish at it though.

I was stuck at about 70% done with D:OS2 for about a year as I wandered away to do other things and my play time had already ballooned to 120 hours from replaying encounters three-ish times each. Eventually I just decided I'm not too proud to play on normal difficulty if it means I get to see a game, enjoy it, and then enjoy the one after that too.

Reactions: CerberusFX
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I've been slowly but surely making my way through the Witcher 3 , for the last two years. I'm about halfway now, i think. Its a brilliant rpg but i kept getting sidetracked by other games/life in general. I'm determined to see it through though. Hopefully before Cyberpunk 2077 comes out🤞....I have a mountain of RPGs sitting in my backlog and wishlist as well, that i would dearly love to get to. One day, i hope🙏🙏🙏

This is pretty much my situation. I actually bought a 980ti to play this game back when it released. Well now I have a 2080 and still only about half-way XD. I'll definitley finish it before Cyberpunk though. I must!

This is pretty much my situation. I actually bought a 980ti to play this game back when it released. Well now I have a 2080 and still only about half-way XD. I'll definitley finish it before Cyberpunk though. I must!
I'm only rocking a gtx 970 but served me surprisingly well. Looking to do full system upgrade around june/july. Might pick up a 2060 just to give me a little boost until then, as they are dropping in price.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
After 35 years I finally finished Rogue...anything happen while I was gone?

I still have this on my laptop, the DOS emulator. My first ever game I got hooked on that and Moria.

I have started watching the Witcher on Netfix and it has made me install Witcher 2 haha, I have all 3 but have never really played the first.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I was stuck at about 70% done with D:OS2 for about a year as I wandered away to do other things and my play time had already ballooned to 120 hours from replaying encounters three-ish times each. Eventually I just decided I'm not too proud to play on normal difficulty if it means I get to see a game, enjoy it, and then enjoy the one after that too.

I never did finish the first one and I'm always restarting on 2 because I can never find the right build, so many hours just to get off the ship.

Reactions: Lauren Morton
Jan 14, 2020
Visit site
Just finished up Tyranny! Took around 20 hours, which is exactly how long I want all RPGs to be from now on, thank you.

Not a big fan of the combat, but it's some prime role-playing. I tried to really get into the mind of a monster. I was mean to nice people! No regrets.
You'd definitely enjoy Disco Elysium then!

Reactions: wheatfat
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I'm only rocking a gtx 970 but served me surprisingly well. Looking to do full system upgrade around june/july. Might pick up a 2060 just to give me a little boost until then, as they are dropping in price.

In hindsight I feel really dumb for buying a 2080 when I did. Don't get me wrong, it is great upgrade to what I was using before, but the price was too high and a 2060 would probably have served my needs just as well. I tend to upgrade every 5-6 years so I'm sticking with it. I doubt I'll be using Ray Tracing in Cyberpunk (if they add it) but it should be more than enough to run the game properly.

Totally went in and finished Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok over the holidays, after everything 'big' had been cleared off my list. Some prime Quest for Glory fan service, never fails to take me back to grade school, in the best possible of ways.

I have been trying to convince myself to go back and finish DA: Inquisition but it just feels so damn 'generic fantasy' that I bleed boredom just looking at its Origin tile. And in a post Witcher III, RDR2 and Disco Elysium world, are there really 100 hours to waste on things that DA: I will never ever get?

Sarafan

Community Contributor
I've finally decided to play Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire. My main problem was not the lack of time (though lack of time is also important here), but rather reluctance to pirate themes in games. But I decided to finally give it a try and I'm almost 40 hours in game. :) As of now I think that Deadfire is Obsidian's magnum opus which can compete with the best cRPGs in history. I don't regret a single minute playing it. It was well worth it!

Lauren Morton

Staff member
You'd definitely enjoy Disco Elysium then!

I think PCG folks have pretty unanimously loved Disco Elysium, some more vocally than others!

I did my first playthrough as a super empath which was very neat and am eyeing a second playthrough with a meathead who's great at unlocking things.

I loved my first run but I almost always do a first play of an RPG as a rogue/thief if there's a lockpicking skill. Seeing locked doors and containers that I can't break into gives me hives because I just have to know what secrets are inside. Fortunately, Disco's exploration is half about exploring characters through dialogue so my empath choice wasn't a bad one, I just really really want to break into those few pesky doors this time.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I still have this on my laptop, the DOS emulator. My first ever game I got hooked on that and Moria.

I have started watching the Witcher on Netfix and it has made me install Witcher 2 haha, I have all 3 but have never really played the first.

I just replayed the Witcher 2, still holds up great! The first one is ok but definitely the black sheep of the series.

Reactions: CerberusFX
Jan 14, 2020
Visit site
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire.

As a Baldur's Gate enthusiast, I found out this true gem that, at least for me, surpassed the classics in every way, especially from the narrative and combat mechanics/character progression point of view. Being isometric/ tactical is a huge plus too for me. The setting and tone made me love it even more than D:0S 2, Pathfinder: Kingmaker and Wasteland 2.

But, it's a massive game, you will make a lot of mistakes in the beginning, but I think it will be worth it. The only thing is that you need to focus a lot in this game, so, you can't play others games with this one. You should even watch less movies and series to follow up the narrative.

The global story is not that good, though, but the sense of adventure, setting (lore) and narrative are very nice.

Reactions: Sarafan

Sarafan

Community Contributor
The global story is not that good, though, but the sense of adventure, setting (lore) and narrative are very nice.

I'm more or less half way through the main story and I find it very good. A truly epic adventure which involves powers that are beyond our reach. IMHO it has a momentum comparable to Throne of Bhaal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Judge

PCG Andy K

Alien: Isolation editor
Staff member
Dec 10, 2019
Visit site
Finally got around to playing The Outer Worlds and man, I am hooked. It's pretty basic in a lot of ways, but I kinda love that about it. It plays it safe in a weirdly comforting way. The writing is great, the quests have some interesting outcomes, and I love the atmosphere. It has that 'used universe' vibe that I've always loved in sci-fi. Scrappy ships, junkyards, smugglers. Like Star Wars before it got too shiny.

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
I haven't had time to finally beat the Witcher 2 assassins of kings for a long time. Before that, I beat the Witcher 3 several times, and after that I decided to beat the first part.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Just finished Pillars of Eternity and its White March DLC which was staring at me from my backlog for what felt like an eon. As much as I loved it, I did feel like it was dragging on a bit towards the end with the walls of text. Next up is a palette cleanser and much shorter game to give my mind a break before I delve into a new RPG. Maybe Disco Elysium this time!

Jan 18, 2020
Visit site
Finally got around to completing Pillars of Eternity not too long back. The first few attempts I only made it as far as the stronghold, but this time around I managed to carry on through to completion.

Great game, albeit I found the last act to be a bit of a slog. Once the main narrative feels like it's drawing to a close, I get a little put off by side-quests or filler content between story beats.

Very much recommended. I need to get around to finish Divinity Original Sin 2! I got as far as Act 2 with that.

TRENDING THREADS