Question What RPG Characters have you Dated/Had Relationships With?

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Mass Effect is was almost always Liara, except one time it was Traynor and then Peebee and Suvi in in Andromeda.

Dragon age has been Morrigan and Leliana, Merrill and Isabella, and Sera, Cassandra, and Josephine.

In Baldur's Gate I remember one plathrough I hooked up with the Drow woman and another the avian elf girl.

In SWTOR I have so many toons I've mixed and matched characters and romances a whole lot, but Kira Carson is my favorite.

In Skyrim my wife is always Janessa

In Witcher games I've "collected" ;) them all at least once.

I am struggling to think of any other options I have done.

Last edited:
Back in freshman year, all of my band-mates tore mercilessly into me for romancing Aerie The Immaculate Elven Princess in Baldur's Gate II. They were so, so very right.

And the lengths to which that romance went? I still have a hard time deciding whether I dreamt it all up or whether it was actually there.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Witcher 1: No one
Witcher 2: No one
Witcher 3: No one

The Technomancer: No one

DAO: No one

KOTR 1: No one
KOTR 2: No one

Jade Empire: No one

Mass Effect 1: No one*
Mass Effect 2: No one

I suppose I haven't found the right person yet.

*The strongest feelings I ever shared for an NPC was Ashley. We got in an argument the moment we met, and later I demanded that she be removed from the Normandy. The captain stated that as long as he was in charge, she stays. Five minutes later, I'm the captain of the Normandy and gleefully run to tell her she's out. Unfortunately, my dialogue options were something like, "Tell me about yourself," and "Glad to have you here," or something.

But eventually I was asked who was going to lead the suicide mission on Virmire. I know just the person...

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Tali. I did romance Liara a couple on a couple of playthroughs but Tali is my girl. Who cares if she's got bird feet, she's awesome! LOL

I do have a hard time in ME3 when Liara asks if you're still interested in her.... If you say no, her reaction always makes me feel like slime and I can't go thru with it lol

DAO: Leliana
DA2: Merrill
DAI: Josephine

ME1: Liara
ME2: Miranda

FO4: Cait
TESV: I don't even remember or care, it was purely transactional
TESIV: Not an official "romance", but I set the young goth-looking Dark Brotherhood Murderer mage as my companion and made her stay in my house

On the Leliana subject, I really strongly disliked what they did to Leliana in Inquisition. From Origins, she was and is my all-time favourite videogame romance partner. It's all very well to say you liked the Inquisition darkness if she wasn't your romance partner in Origins, but to me it was like they forced me to watch someone I had built up such a bond with get broken and distorted. I think that no game franchise should ever mess with a player's previous romance interest like that.

*The strongest feelings I ever shared for an NPC was Ashley. We got in an argument the moment we met, and later I demanded that she be removed from the Normandy. The captain stated that as long as he was in charge, she stays. Five minutes later, I'm the captain of the Normandy and gleefully run to tell her she's out. Unfortunately, my dialogue options were something like, "Tell me about yourself," and "Glad to have you here," or something.

But eventually I was asked who was going to lead the suicide mission on Virmire. I know just the person...
I felt exactly the same way. It was presented as a gut-wrenching decision who to choose, and afterwards in the series Shepard's dialogue suggests that he misses her, but I picked her instantly, no hesitation, no regrets. Die, Ashley, die.

On the Leliana subject, I really strongly disliked what they did to Leliana in Inquisition. From Origins, she was and is my all-time favourite videogame romance partner. It's all very well to say you liked the Inquisition darkness if she wasn't your romance partner in Origins, but to me it was like they forced me to watch someone I had built up such a bond with get broken and distorted. I think that no game franchise should ever mess with a player's previous romance interest like that.

You at least have to admit that it is nice to hear her talk so fondly of her relationship with the Hero of Ferelden. I felt that did enough justice to my previous character's history.

You at least have to admit that it is nice to hear her talk so fondly of her relationship with the Hero of Ferelden. I felt that did enough justice to my previous character's history.
I really didn't. The Hero of Ferelden was supposed to still be with her. Perhaps in your playthrough the Hero sacrificed themselves so it didn't seem weird, but in mine it was Alistair who died. Why are Leliana and the Hero separated? They were supposed to have had a happy ending. That was wrong, just wrong.

Why are Leliana and the Hero separated? They were supposed to have had a happy ending. That was wrong, just wrong.

Inquisition's lack of acknowledging just how well Leliana knows Morrigan was more disappointing. I mean she macked hard on Morrigan hard in DAO. I would have loved to see more of that at the Wicked Eyes Wicked Hearts party or at Skyhold. Leliana being so sultry and seductive and Morrigan being all flustered at the attention...wait. Did I just start writing a fan-fic? God dammit!

Can I ask what your DAO ending was? Who dated whom and who died at the end?

I have played like six different endings.

My very first was a male elf rogue that romanced Leliana, didn't give Morrigan the god child, and sacrificed himself.

I was happy and sad when Leliana spoke so fondly of my dead hero of Fereldan in DAI.

Last edited:
Well, I kind of tried to romance both Triss and Yennifer in Witcher 3:grin: Other than that I had a relationship with Miranda from ME2, a couple (yikes!) from Fallout 4 and my favorite ever: Aela the Huntress from Skyrim.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS