Question What kind of game do you wish existed, but doesn't?

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
A legit police simulator. LSPDFR is nice and all but the modding it takes to get going is too much for me these days. Rockstar needs to make an offer to buy the devs or just work on their own project.

True Crime: Streets of LA and True Crime:Streets of NY were basically GTA from the perspective of a cop. You had the same open world to mess around in and pick up missions or stop street crimes, but you were constrained by the law. Commandeering cars was possible but you flashed your badge to do so, and I remember in the sequel if you screwed up and ran over too many pedestrians etc then you were booted back to uniformed beat cop until you completed enough minor crimes to become a detective again.

Not a very complete simulation, but the games were pretty well received from memory so it's a shame the series didn't continue. We might have ended up with the game of your dreams.

Reactions: BornAgainPCGamer
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
G Surfers was an incredibly ambitious concept for its time. It had a reconstruction of the entire Earth on which to create race tracks. Unfortunately, it was made for the PS2 which simply didn't have the capabilities to do the concept justice.

I wish it was made on modern tech. Just look at what's happening with Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Feb 14, 2020
Visit site
It would be a FPS Stealth Modern-Era ala Farcry 4-5(Base capture) sandbox.

So you load the game, it bring you to the menu of the options to launch. There would also be a Windows Launcher. You set the options, it generate a base to capture like FC4-5. You play there with a lot of options and cheat of all kind.

With a XP system and a CO-OP module.

I want a space opera CRPG revival game (think: Divinity OS) so bad! Basically a very open and isometric Mass Effect with lots of faction play and choice and consequence. The genre is like 90% fantasy and 9% post-apocalypse.

Good call. I was super excited for Space Siege back in the day but it bombed.

Maybe check out Satellite Reign? It's more squad strategy than rpg but it's got a great world to tool about in and lots of ways to complete missions.

Zloth

Community Contributor
How about a Karaoke game? Not one of those silly things where you're pushing buttons while some music plays, one where you get your microphone out and you SING!

For settings, I would love to see something like Rolemaster's Dark Space used. Lots of fantasy, lots of science fiction, some Lovecraftian baddies to fight, and lots of bio-implants! Made by a guy by the name of Monte Cook. I think a few of you may have heard of him.

MaddMann

A nerd that found his place
Community Contributor
Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
Personally, I would love to see a mixture of Rainbow Six Vegas, F.E.A.R, and Resident Evil. Basically I would love to see a tactical response team that fully specializes in combating supernatural entities. Got a werewolf problem, send in the Doom Squad. Hell opened a portal and turned an entire town into flesh eating demons, send the doom squad. The team consistency would be trained navy seals, warlocks, maybe even a necromancer, who are equipped with the latest in firearm and supernatural gear. Really gotta make sure you have a balanced gear load out. A frag grenade might knock down a demon, but it won't hurt it. Have your first response sorcerer create an anti-demon protection circle around your team, while your heavy weapons guy lays down covering fire with his LMG. Lure a werewolf away from a populated area so it can be taken down. Respond to a hostage situation where a power evil cult has taken civilians to be sacrificed in order to summon a cthulhu like entity, if you don't save them in time you will instead need to contain the situation. All first person, lots of options, and fully co-op.

Personally, I would love to see a mixture of Rainbow Six Vegas, F.E.A.R, and Resident Evil. Basically I would love to see a tactical response team that fully specializes in combating supernatural entities. Got a werewolf problem, send in the Doom Squad. Hell opened a portal and turned an entire town into flesh eating demons, send the doom squad. The team consistency would be trained navy seals, warlocks, maybe even a necromancer, who are equipped with the latest in firearm and supernatural gear. Really gotta make sure you have a balanced gear load out. A frag grenade might knock down a demon, but it won't hurt it. Have your first response sorcerer create an anti-demon protection circle around your team, while your heavy weapons guy lays down covering fire with his LMG. Lure a werewolf away from a populated area so it can be taken down. Respond to a hostage situation where a power evil cult has taken civilians to be sacrificed in order to summon a cthulhu like entity, if you don't save them in time you will instead need to contain the situation. All first person, lots of options, and fully co-op.
This sounds brilliant. I'd play the hell out of a game like that.

Reactions: MaddMann
May 5, 2020
Visit site
@Bierbarbaar In case there is one you have not played: Amikrog, Neverhood & Army Men. It is a bit harder to get Neverhood (I do think you can download it legally) but it is a highly recommended game.
Oh man, Army Men takes me back. I couldn't even remember I ever played this, until I saw the screenshots. I recognized it immediately. Haven't played the Neverhood or Amikrog myself though I've watched some playthroughs (I'm awful at puzzle games, especially when some are as incomprehensible as a few in the Neverhood haha)

Reactions: Frindis
Not much, just me being a bit hesitant about linking to the site where you can download it, as I am not 100% sure about the legality.
Oh, I was just commenting on the rarity of it, while making an obscure reference to one of the recurring lines from the game's "story." =D

(One of the few things I still remembered from the game was how in their historical record, the people often said to one another, "What's up with that?")

Reactions: Mazer and Frindis

MaddMann

A nerd that found his place
Community Contributor
Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
Maybe some day!

Ah, who am I kidding..
That was good. It does have a very functional alpha... pretty sad for being what, 9 years in the making?
My profile in case the game ever launches and we can actually play it.

Jul 3, 2020
Visit site
Frankly, I want something akin to a Tron or Ready Player One world. Fully immersive with the fidelity of a 4k movie.

It would require a paradigm shift in how games/internet/computing is generally utilised.

We have all of the requisite tech, it just needs to be brought together. There are obvious tech hurdles to overcome.

Oh. And StarCraft Worlds.
And WarCraft Adventure...
A modern Star Trek game where you can actually explore the entire Enterprise, including crawling through Jefferies tubes.

Last edited:
Reactions: MaddMann
May 1, 2020
Visit site
Terminator Xcom

You are the commander of the resistance in the future.
The feature added to this, to diff from other xcom-ish games is that when you find soldiers to recruit they could be Terminators and could harm your resistance either killing soldiers on base, destroying parts of the base or just killing you ending the game.

TRENDING THREADS