What is your ideal RPG class?—Short & Long Quizzes

Last edited:

Sarafan

Community Contributor
Wizard here as well. It's hard for me to count times when I played a spell caster class. Apart from short breaks I regularly choose Wizards and Sorcerers. These provide me the biggest fun. I find melee classes quite boring.

Reactions: Pifanjr
Ranger for me, which is usually my preferred class in an RPG. Deadly with bows, sneaking ability, dual wield small weapons for melee, and (depending upon the game's rule set) and animal companion and/or low level spells. That's a cool little quiz, I wish it were a bit more in depth.

Reactions: Pifanjr
Ranger for me, which is usually my preferred class in an RPG. Deadly with bows, sneaking ability, dual wield small weapons for melee, and (depending upon the game's rule set) and animal companion and/or low level spells. That's a cool little quiz, I wish it were a bit more in depth.

You could always do this 140 question quiz that gives your class, race, alignment and level.

Zloth

Community Contributor
For the big test - how do I answer whether I'm a slow/average/fast sprinter? I haven't been in a foot race for 40 years! ;)

Lawful Good Human Cleric (6th Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 12
Dexterity- 11
Constitution- 8
Intelligence- 14
Wisdom- 13
Charisma- 11

W00t! I heal0r! Now taking bids for who's party I will join, thus giving them some hope of surviving past the first three rooms. You know there won't be another healer for hours! ;)

One point off from elf and one point off from Neutral Good (hence the need for bidding). Not sure what's up with the stats being so high, but I haven't played proper AD&D since 9 was the average.

I got Ranger, which surprised me as I thought my answers were on the Roguish side. I suppose the bow was the tipping point. (I blame Skyrim, which conditioned me to run around with a bow doing Roguish things.)

I got Rogue and I also picked the bow, so that wasn't it.

Not sure what's up with the stats being so high, but I haven't played proper AD&D since 9 was the average.

In 5th edition the average is 10.

Reactions: Zloth
On GoG I'm a cleric. On the other, I got this:

Neutral Good Human Wizard (6th Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 15
Dexterity- 15
Constitution- 15
Intelligence- 17
Wisdom- 15
Charisma- 16

I used to always play magic users of some type or clerics, but anymore I tend to play basic fighters and just recruit the rest.

Edit: I just noticed the ability scores are ridiculous. I would NOT like to reroll.

Last edited:

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
GOG - wizard.
Obviously, I usually play some sort of spellcaster in cRPG - what can I say, I love the feeling of getting from "I can maybe defeat a rat in a fight if said rat was drunk and passed out" to "I am demigod, kneel before my power or get absolutely destroyed!".

Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard (3rd Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 9
Dexterity- 10
Constitution- 11
Intelligence- 12
Wisdom- 14
Charisma- 11

That's.... well, blasted, I would be awful character in D&D.

Neutral Good Human Druid (8th Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 15
Dexterity- 14
Constitution- 15
Intelligence- 13
Wisdom- 13
Charisma- 14

Never actually played as a Druid before in a D&D game, but the alignment is pretty close, as I'm usually Chaotic Good. That was a cool little quiz.

Reactions: Pifanjr and Mazer

Zloth

Community Contributor
Consistency is good, is there a class for across-the-board consistency?
Wizards are made for IQ, clerics are made for Wisdom, fighters are made for strength... D&D really doesn't deal with the 'jack of all trades' concept. I think I would try to switch the game to something skill based, then take whatever skills the rest of the party doesn't cover well. Rolemaster's "No Profession" class, maybe.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Wizards are made for IQ, clerics are made for Wisdom, fighters are made for strength... D&D really doesn't deal with the 'jack of all trades' concept. I think I would try to switch the game to something skill based, then take whatever skills the rest of the party doesn't cover well. Rolemaster's "No Profession" class, maybe.

I feel like Bard's are the 'jack of all trades' class, basic combat ability, a bit of arcane spellcasting, a few rogue skills. This is based purely on my limited knowledge of 3.5e as it was used in Bioware's CRPGS of my youth so is likely an out of date opinion.

TRENDING THREADS