• Any other Monty Python Movie

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Any Mel Brooks Movie

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Something else - please comment

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
What is your favourite Comedy Movie?

It can be a series so if you like the Police Academy, or National Lampoon movies you can say those as well. Anything you like.

Mine is Monty Python & The Holy Grail. I saw it so many times in the 1990's that like Obelix I am immune to its power now. It is part of me
So many classic scenes,
  • the Holy Hand grenade of Antioch,
  • the killer bunny,
  • The Knights who say Nu (No, its Ni)
  • The Castle Anthrax
  • Tim The Sorcerer
  • Just the opening credits themselves
  • ok, the entire movie... just go see it
other movies are vying for my attention like
  • Hot Shots,
  • Flying High.
  • Top Secret,
  • National Lampoons' Animal House

that feel left out... there are too many to list so I leave it to others :)

this is a recreation of another post that went astray

Last edited:
Quotes from previous thread

Holy Grail gets tops from me, too. Blazing Saddles and Airplane just can't top the witch scene.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy book would be the funniest thing ever, though. Even the third time through, I couldn't read that book in public because I would keep laughing out loud so much!

I think there are too many I like, so a lot :D

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
So many of Chaplin's are brilliant.
Holy Grail also, and Life of Brian.

Mel Brooks movies are CLASSIC. Men in Tights is my bias :D

Popstar: never stop never stopping and tropic thunder

Reactions: Awl01 and JoeyB
Favorites have to be Dumb & Dumber, Hot Shot 2, and American Pie. I watched them as a teenager and laughed my ass off. Still funny, but it is something about being a bit wet behind the ears yourself and watching a comedy movie about well, dumb people.

Honorable mention goes to The Exorcist, Director's cut. While the movie definitely never intended to be funny, I and a friend of mine watched the director's cut at the local cinema and we could not hold back the laughter. The scenes might have been scary back in the day, but we just had a ball chuckling at every scene with the possessed child. The head-turning, spewing, and cross swearing scenes were hilarious! I kiiiind of feel bad for ruining the movie for the rest of the audience.

Jun 27, 2021
Visit site
My favorite comedy movies are Liar Liar and Ace Ventura When Nature calls. Jim has always made my family and I gather and produce a great laugh. I think he has done a great job delivering a great performance.

Reactions: adin and Frindis

Zloth

Community Contributor
I kiiiind of feel bad for ruining the movie for the rest of the audience.
Very naughty! That will cost you. Go watch 15 minutes of the Star Wars Christmas special. No skipping around, either. You can pick the spot but you have to watch 15 minutes uninterrupted. Since you are slightly repentant, the time can include the end credits. My the force have mercy on your soul.

@Zloth Greeeat, I choose the 15 minutes roughly before the end credits and had the joy of listening to Lumpy. What an amazing voice!!!!!!!!!. Also, what the hell was going on with Mark Hamilis makeup. He looked like an intergalactic ken doll.

@Colif lol, that takes me back to the time I invited my childhood friend to watch Braindead. He also had no idea what he was getting into and on top of that, I gave him some choco rice cakes to enjoy while watching.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JoeyB and Zloth
Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
Favorites have to be Dumb & Dumber, Hot Shot 2, and American Pie. I watched them as a teenager and laughed my ass off. Still funny, but it is something about being a bit wet behind the ears yourself and watching a comedy movie about well, dumb people.

Honorable mention goes to The Exorcist, Director's cut. While the movie definitely never intended to be funny, I and a friend of mine watched the director's cut at the local cinema and we could not hold back the laughter. The scenes might have been scary back in the day, but we just had a ball chuckling at every scene with the possessed child. The head-turning, spewing, and cross swearing scenes were hilarious! I kiiiind of feel bad for ruining the movie for the rest of the audience.
hi! judging by your list of comedies,if you have never seen it you might like a comedy film i absolutely love to bits-ive got it on DVD still, its got johnny knoxville in it, 'the ringer' .
ill try and avoid saying to much incase you have not watched it yet but this involves rigging the special olympics in america, (this has happened in the paralympics which led to innocent intelectualy disabled athletes like myself being banned for years as it became a case of guilty till proven innocent but enough about that)- i loved it as i am an ex special olympics athlete and a lot of it does happen in real like being talked around,patronised and treated as a child instead of an adult with intelectual disability, all the disabled characters were played by actual disabled actors for once apart from johnny knoxville and its absolutely hilarious and i think everyone shoud watch it and laugh-dont feel awkward,shocked or sorry as it does have a serious message in it, no matter how close to the bone or silly it gets.

Reactions: Frindis
Oct 24, 2021
Visit site
Any of you guys remember Tootsie with Dustin Hofmann? I watched it again about a year ago and it hasnt lost any of its magic. And anything with Eddie Murphy ! Dolomite ftw!!! Or Adam Sandler (The longest yard, Happy Gilmore) or Jim Carrey (The Mask, Truman Show).

TRENDING THREADS