Question What is your best gaming pickup line?

MaddMann

A nerd that found his place
Community Contributor
Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
I know Valentine's day has come and gone, plenty of us are still single, and most of us are nerds. So, lets hear those groan worthy or just straight up funny pickup lines. Lets try to keep this moderately appropriate. Here are some examples of ones that I have either used or heard.

Hey, what is the drop rate on those pants?
Mario is red. Sonic is blue. Press start to join and be my player 2.
Are you a streamer? Because I have been following you

• Haha
Reactions: Brian Boru
Well, honestly, the first one he mentioned was the only one they might feel is rude, but the 3rd also could be interpreted as stalking. I just feel though that anymore, most women don't want to hear gimmicky pickup lines, and that they're looking for someone whom isn't afraid to be himself.

I can tell you from experience that at least one woman still enjoys corny pick-up lines. I once made a hand-drawn booklet with pick-up lines based on various interests, among which a bunch of Skyrim ones.

I can tell you from experience that at least one woman still enjoys corny pick-up lines. I once made a hand-drawn booklet with pick-up lines based on various interests, among which a bunch of Skyrim ones.
Well, to me that's more like presenting a work of humor, vs putting them on the spot in public. Maybe I'm being old school, but pickup lines in my mind were always something presented to a gal in a public place.

I DO however feel women are changing into more strong willed, free thinkers that are less inclined to enjoy such approaches. There are always exceptions though.
I'm not sure they ever enjoyed them, honestly. Haha. I think pickup lines have always been nothing but corny jokes. And it's not really anything for people to get offended about. Just people goofing off and having fun.

I'm not sure they ever enjoyed them, honestly. Haha. I think pickup lines have always been nothing but corny jokes. And it's not really anything for people to get offended about. Just people goofing off and having fun.
Well yeah, there's ALWAYS been women who haven't enjoyed them, I just think that has increased substantially in recent times. To many of them, what used to be corny lines they would just ignore, are now insults that they don't just ignore anymore.

MaddMann

A nerd that found his place
Community Contributor
Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
Well yeah, there's ALWAYS been women who haven't enjoyed them, I just think that has increased substantially in recent times. To many of them, what used to be corny lines they would just ignore, are now insults that they don't just ignore anymore.

I think no matter the gender, it's a matter of delivery. So long as the person these pick up lines are used on is understanding of you (and I am well known in my circles for terrible dad jokes and excessive use of puns) they are ok, but you also have to look at the content of said joke, there is definitely a line that should not be crossed.

I think no matter the gender, it's a matter of delivery. So long as the person these pick up lines are used on is understanding of you (and I am well known in my circles for terrible dad jokes and excessive use of puns) they are ok, but you also have to look at the content of said joke, there is definitely a line that should not be crossed.
Yeah, I'd say the "drop rate on those pants" probably qualifies there. Lol :D

TRENDING THREADS