Question What is the first thing you do when starting a brand new game?

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
things on the sides of the screen are much further than they appear.
Unless you're playing in the car—then they're much nearer than they appear.

Gameplay options make far more sense 20 hours into the game.
But it was only a 15-hour game :(

In a Civ game!? Wow! They've always been great with putting the information you need in tooltips
Oh yeah, Civ is great like that. But there's so much info to process, it still leaves a lot to be desired—and it doesn't help that the Civopedia has always been a big disappointment. Civ is a poster child for form over function—the info looks very pretty, but could be actually useful if it was presented in a user-friendly way rather than as an Art Director's wet dream.

The only reason I could continue playing Civ4 beyond ~the first year is because of the BUG/BAT/BULL mod family—huge number of QoL improvements.

Civ6 is a lot worse, they seem to have decided that over-complication = more strategic, or something good anyway. It's a real pain to get familiar with—I'm nowhere close after probably 200 hours.

Reactions: Zloth and Pifanjr
Jul 27, 2023
Visit site
60-65 is good. 70-75 is survivable. Beyond that and I start getting mad at all the distortion going on in the corners. THE MOON DOES NOT LOOK LIKE AN EGG!! Also, things on the sides of the screen are much further than they appear.

Yeah, I sometimes do that, when I remember to go look. Gameplay options make far more sense 20 hours into the game.

In a Civ game!? Wow! They've always been great with putting the information you need in tooltips so you wouldn't have to resort to things like that.

But... you don't want to validate my pain about how having tooooo many options is BAD?? ;)

Civ 6 has so much information presented at the player it's sometimes hard to parse. There's a reason I stick to Civ 3 & 4 despite liking the features and look of 6.

In regard to the Check out options/settings to see what's available. I always prefer subtitles on, for instance, and sometimes I like seeing if the controls make sense.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Subtitles are my impossible choice. I generally don't like them as, when dialog happens, I tend to try to read them even if I can understand what everybody is saying just fine. However, if they say something funny, I want to catch it in a screenshot, which means I need the subtitles!

What I need to do is learn how to use that buffering ShadowPlay has been doing for me for years, so I start a recording starting a few minutes earlier, then slice out and keep the funny bit.

Feb 10, 2024
Visit site
When starting a brand new game, the first thing you usually do is set up any initial preferences or settings, such as adjusting graphics, sound, and control settings to your liking. After that, you typically start the game or go through any tutorial or introductory sequences.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts