What is the best type of PC for gaming?

Mar 1, 2023
Visit site
I have a passion for mobile gaming, but I've been itching to try PC games. However, I'm not quite sure what kind of computer I need to purchase if I'm going to play, especially these games.

-Elden Ring
-Neon White
-Dying Light 2 Stay Human
-NORCO
-OlliOlli World
-Total War: Warhammer III
-Tunic
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge
-Infernax
-Stray

Bonus:
-God of War 4
-Monster Hunter Rise
-Ghostwire

Could you kindly assist me in selecting the appropriate hardware by providing some advice on what specifications I should be looking for?

[Mod edit: replaced video with list.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Why_Me
Hi :) First you're going to have to at least provide us with your location and a maxiumum budget for the build.

Would you be willing to learn to put it together yourself or do you want to buy something pre built.?

Do you need the system to be portable?

Do yòu have a monitor already or do you need one included in the budget?

Do you have a mouse and keyboard or are they included in the budget as well?

Once you come back with more info we can see about helping further.

Mar 1, 2023
Visit site
I've tried buying a gaming system in my country, but unfortunately, it didn't work out and I ended up wasting my money and stick to mobile games instead. But, I'm thinking about buying one from other country or online. I'm looking for a pre-built system that's portable and can handle games smoothly. I also need a monitor, mouse, and keyboard, but that's all within my budget. I'm willing to spend a bit more if it means I'll have an amazing gaming experience.

Thanks for the build by the way.

Last edited:
Portable only really comes as a laptop, that I don't necessarily recommend unless you absolutely need to move it all of the time. Price to performance and durability is much better with desktop parts.

We would need to know what country you are in, or what stores you would like to buy from at least if we are going to recommend a system for you to buy.

Mar 1, 2023
Visit site
I'm from New Zealand, and I'm really bad when it comes to purchasing items. So, I'm not sure where to buy a good PC, and I would really appreciate it if you could give me some advice for this silly problem of mine

Welcome to the forum :)

I would really appreciate it if you could give me some advice
I'm sure Kaamos would also really appreciate it if you would answer his questions, so he can offer good advice.

I've tried buying a gaming system in my country, but unfortunately, it didn't work out … I'm thinking about buying one from other country or online
I'm from New Zealand … I'm not sure where to buy a good PC
I can assure you there isn't any better country than NZ for buying computers, or most other goods. You can have a bad experience anywhere, especially if you don't answer the seller's questions. My advice is to buy in NZ and save a fortune on shipping costs, plus have some recourse if there's anything wrong with the machine when you get it.

Thanks for the build by the way
ETA: That isn't advice, that's his own PC :)

Last edited:
@WanderDumb this outfit has stores all over NZ. Ask them if they build you a PC if you order the components from them and if they don't start calling around to local PC/laptop repair shops and find one that will build your PC for you for a fee if you bring them down the components. This way you know exactly what you're getting.

Lian Li Lancool 216 ATX Mid Tower Case $171.35

Corsair RM850X 2021 850W 80+ Gold Modular Power Supply $251.85

Gigabyte B760 GAMING X AX DDR4 $458.85

Intel Core i5 13400F $377.99

DeepCool AK500 CPU Cooler $102.35

Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz 32GB (2x16GB) CL16 $168.99

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB M.2 NVME SSD $299.00

Gigabyte RTX 4070 Ti Eagle OC 12GB Graphics Card $1,699.00

Microsoft Windows Home 11 64-bit English USB $228.85

Total: $3758.23 inc GST

LG UltraGear 27GP850-B 27" QHD 165Hz Gaming Monitor $688.85 inc GST

or ...