Question What indie games are you excited to see be released?

Zloth

Community Contributor
I don't really even know what "indie" means anymore. I'll just guess 'small studios' and hope...

I'm a fan of Stanislaw Lem, so I'm looking forward to The Invincible:

I enjoyed Tower of Time (even though it got repetitive), so I'm hoping for good things to come from:

Oh, and Capes! More superheroes!!

Oct 5, 2023
Visit site
I don't really even know what "indie" means anymore. I'll just guess 'small studios' and hope...

I enjoyed Tower of Time (even though it got repetitive), so I'm hoping for good things to come from:

hahaha 'small studios' works!!!

man the art in The Invincible looks so sick i cant wait to see how the story unfolds

both Dark Envoy and Capes look suuuper fun. i cant remember the last turn-based superhero game so it'd be interesting to see Capes once it comes out

thanks for sharing btw :-D

Reactions: Brian Boru
Sep 16, 2023
Visit site

Small studios usually produce masterpieces. Hopefully we'll get one soon.

I am extremely excited to see the full release of Shadows of Doubt, I played maybe 10 hours of it in EA and loved it. To explain a bit more, I'm going to copy/paste a comment I made on a different forum about it..

Shadows of Doubt is very interesting and surprising for a Proc Gen detective game; I was absolutely shocked with how the game plays and I became kind of obsessive about it. The best way to talk about it is really to just relay a couple of stories about it:

After the intro/tutorial case, which is crafted, I went into a local diner, as they have job postings at their public phones. The work is varied, but I picked what I thought might be something simple, as it didn't pay a whole lot, called Demolition Work. The job posting had me meet at a guy at a particular time, at a particular bench down a particular street, where he handed me a briefcase and told me my job was to find a particular person and trash their apartment. No problem...I thought. The only information provided to me was a phone number for the person, no name, no picture, no workplace, nothing. So, I decided to give them call. They answered, but only gave me their first name, which wasn't anything to go on, so I ended-up wandering the city for awhile, trying to think of a way to track this person down when it finally occurred to me that the various apartment buildings around the city have telephone routing systems in their basements.

I went to the nearest apartment building, sneaked down to the basement and lock picked the door to the telephone room. Avoiding the cameras, I broke into the phone system and started looking for anything that might clue me in to where this person was. Nothing at the first building, so I move onto the second, which also had no clues. Finally, after getting into the third building, I saw a pattern; I had called this number from around the city; from several different restaurants, the city hall, etc. Looking at the incoming calls, I saw a bunch going to one particular apartment, all coming from the various places I had called from, so I went on up and knocked on the door. The person answered and obliged when I asked their name, which was consistent with what they had answered the phone as. I bribed them to leave their apartment, trashed it and finished my job.

Shortly after that, I got a notification that there had been a murder in somewhere in the city. It gave me the location of the body, so I headed on over to the apartment to check it out and see if I could crack the case. I ended-up needing to sneak in, as the cops were guarding the place, but once in, I was able to access the crime scene. The victim had been stabbed to death, but there was no murder weapon that I could find and no obvious prints around the apartment; the only clue I could find was a Postit note left by the killer which suggested the murderer may have worked with the victim. I found the victims place of work and went over there to check it out, but unfortunately, that also turned up nothing, so I really had no clues to go on at this point.

The next day, I got another notification about a murder, so again, I went to check that out. Pretty much the same story here, victim stabbed to death, no murder weapon, but the victim, again, worked at the same place as the previous victim, so at least I have a connection. I figured at this point, the best thing I can do is wait another day and see if the murderer strikes again and this time leaves some clues.

My patience paid off in this instance, because sure enough, there was another murder the next day, which ended-up being a treasure trove. At the victims apartment, I again discovered that they were connected through work and hit the jackpot: a murder weapon (Knife) that had strange prints all over it. I started scanning the apartment for prints and turned-up 3-sets. I was able to rule out the victim, as I fingerprinted their corpse, but I still had two sets AB and AC. Searching around the apartment, I did discover that the deceased had a partner, so I found their place of work by looking through their files and went over to talk to them. They graciously gave me their finger prints and I was able to rule out the set of AC prints as the victims partner.

I was hoping that those AB prints were exactly what I needed to crack the case, so I again went back to the workplace of all three victims. I had to wait for everyone to leave for the night, but after that I was able to break in (yet again) and start poking around. I started with the cubicles, scanning each one for prints. No surprise, everyone's prints were pretty much all over every workstation and I couldn't find anything definitive, even though I did turn up the prints of the various victims, as well as the AB prints I found at the last crime scene. Looking around a little further, I found a group of lockers tucked away in the corner, each one dedicated to an individual employee. I scanned the lockers that were each victims and each locker had solely their prints all over it, so I figured I was on the right track; finally I got to a locker that was absolutely covered in AB prints, so I noted down the name and called it good.

Now that I had a name, I could start doing a little more investigation. I went to a nearby directory, getting excited that I was finally close to nailing the murderer. I found their name and apartment, so I went over to see what I could find. I started by knocking on the door just to see if anyone was home and lucky for me, no answer. So in between sweeps of the camera watching me, I'd take turns at lock picking the door eventually getting it open. Right as I'm about to walk in, the suspect comes walking around the corner, so I play it cool and pretend like I'm just there to ask a few questions. Of course, they won't talk to me, so I back off and head back to my apartment to get my handcuffs, as well as stop at the nearby diner for a bite to eat (You do need to eat and drink, as well as shower (if you get stinky) in this game).

After grabbing my cuffs and eating, I went back to the suspects apartment and again picked the lock and sneaked in. I found the suspect wandering around the house, so I decided now was my chance and I decided to arrest them. I managed to do so and while they were cuffed on the floor, took their prints and got a perfect match for that AB print I had found at the third victims apartment; I'm 99% sure I've got the guy, so I fill out the paperwork (Perps name, Murder Weapon, Perps Home location, Evidence tying the perp to the crime scene, perp arrested) and run down to the precinct to turn it all in. After turning my case in, it takes a minute to examine, but I nailed everything. Got the perpetrator correct, murder victim, prints, etc. Got my payout and now I'm one step closer to buying some furniture for my apartment...

Anyway, I'm hella stoked for it and will drop everything in currently playing just to spend more time with it.

I'm also excited for the new Episode of Cultic, which is my favorite new Boom Shoot since DUSK. I loved DUSK, but I haven't really felt much excitement for many of the other new games since the revival of the classic FPS style, but Cultic is incredible. Something like an evolution of the original Blood, i played through the first episode without stopping. I do need to play the new Interlude chapter, but haven't yet, because I know it's going to be over again and I won't have anymore Cultic for awhile after that...

Oct 5, 2023
Visit site
I am extremely excited to see the full release of Shadows of Doubt, I played maybe 10 hours of it in EA and loved it. To explain a bit more, I'm going to copy/paste a comment I made on a different forum about it..

Anyway, I'm hella stoked for it and will drop everything in currently playing just to spend more time with it.

I'm also excited for the new Episode of Cultic, which is my favorite new Boom Shoot since DUSK. I loved DUSK, but I haven't really felt much excitement for many of the other new games since the revival of the classic FPS style, but Cultic is incredible. Something like an evolution of the original Blood, i played through the first episode without stopping. I do need to play the new Interlude chapter, but haven't yet, because I know it's going to be over again and I won't have anymore Cultic for awhile after that...

OMG both these games look AMAZING!! I actually didn't finish reading the comment you shared about Shadows of Doubt not because it wasn't interesting, but because now I want to experience it first hand. Super excited to see this at full release

And with Cultic, the art style alone is soooo sick. Really cool recommends, excited to try both!!

Cultic was great. Absolutely banger of a boomer shooter. And i had no idea that the new episode released so thanks for that!

Zloth

Community Contributor
i cant remember the last turn-based superhero game so it'd be interesting to see Capes once it comes out
That would be this:
Very much NOT indie, but it sure was fun!

Small studios usually produce masterpieces. Hopefully we'll get one soon.
Oh no they don't. It's just that the ones that don't tend to vanish pretty quickly. It's hard enough for a studio that does make a great game to break through and get noticed by the public at large - the bad ones are gone in a flash, possibly leaving behind a corpse in the form of a Steam app page.

Oct 5, 2023
Visit site
That would be this:
Very much NOT indie, but it sure was fun!

Oh no they don't. It's just that the ones that don't tend to vanish pretty quickly. It's hard enough for a studio that does make a great game to break through and get noticed by the public at large - the bad ones are gone in a flash, possibly leaving behind a corpse in the form of a Steam app page.
I think the funniest thing about the Steam page you posted is that it seems like the game was actually picked up by a (what now seems defunct) games publishing entity
Looking forward to "Haunted Chocolatier" from the maker of Stardew Valley.
OMG how have i not heard of Haunted Chocolatier until now?!? i am fr slacking.... it sounds hella good by the looks of their faq page

Sep 16, 2023
Visit site
OMG both these games look AMAZING!! I actually didn't finish reading the comment you shared about Shadows of Doubt not because it wasn't interesting, but because now I want to experience it first hand. Super excited to see this at full release

And with Cultic, the art style alone is soooo sick. Really cool recommends, excited to try both!!
I can't imagine the sensations we're going to experience during the game. How much do you think we're gonna love it? I think we're gonna love it 1,000%.

TRENDING THREADS