What happens when you win, but aren't contacted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Happened to notice on a post that I had won one of the contests, but received no contact notification or message about how to claim. I started a "conversation" with the person who posted the contest and received no reply. What's next?

Reactions: Phaethon
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I agree and I've done that.

To be clear, it's different if you are contacted and then don't respond in a timely manner - as it's expected the contest organizers would move on to a different entrant. However, if they are still advertising that you won and you haven't actually won anything - then that would lead folks to believe that there are actual winners in these contests - when in fact, there are not.
At the very least, there should be a disclaimer stating that prizes have not actually been awarded.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I can confirm that there are winners in these contests, I am sitting on my very comfy Noblechair as I type.
Very nice and Congrats!

It's entirely possible my notification got lost en route - though I did offer feedback that PCGamer may want to consider notifying the winners as a facilitator of these contests - rather than just rely on the sponsor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS