What does my PC need to run Warzone?!

Dec 8, 2020
Visit site
Hi Guys,

New here and could benefit from some advice on whether it's possible to update my current PC to be able to play Warzone.

My current spec is from 2013 and includes;

Case STYLISH PIANO BLACK ENIGMA MICRO-ATX CASE + 2 FRONT USB
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-3470 (3.2GHz) 6MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS® P8H61-M LE/USB3 (NEW REV 3.0): M-ATX, USB 3.0, SATA
3.0Gb/s
Memory (RAM) 16GB SAMSUNG DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)
Graphics Card INTEGRATED GRAPHICS ACCELERATOR (GPU)
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 500GB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 16MB CACHE
2nd Hard Disk 500GB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 16MB CACHE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Memory Card Reader INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0
PORT
Power Supply 350W Dual Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan
Processor Cooling INTEL SOCKET LGA1155 STANDARD CPU COOLER
Sound Card ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS
STANDARD

I've done a little reading and the built in Intel GPU is apparently terrible for graphics, so would i need to get an entirely new motherboard? IF this is the case, would it actually be possible to get a motherboard that would allow me to keep the DDR 3 Ram and Hard Disks that i currently own? Ideally i just want to be able to keep my current hard drives if possible as there are a lot of music production files/programs on there. Also, would i need to buy an extra graphics card on top of a new motherboard?

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

:)

Reactions: JSimenhoff
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Do you have a link to the manufacturer and exasct model of the prebuilt machine you have? You have two problems: Whether a card will physically fit in your case, and whether your power supply will support an add in graphics card powerful enough to run Warzone. Your motherboard is fine :)

If anything a GTX 1650 is going to be your only option should you be able to fit a card in your case. If your budget doesnt go that far then I'm afraid you wont be able to do much. Its the only card efficient enough also with enough power that could work ín your system. That will fulfill Warzones minimum specs for the GPU. I just have some doubts on whether the power supply you have will run one.

Reactions: JSimenhoff
Dec 8, 2020
Visit site
Hi, I'm new here too & according to Steam the minimum requirements for Warzone is:

• Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K CPU
  • Memory: 2000 MB RAM
  • Graphics: Geforce GTX 770 or AMD Radeon HD 7870
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 10000 MB available space
You might get away with less though?

Hi, I'm new here too & according to Steam the minimum requirements for Warzone is:

• Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K CPU
  • Memory: 2000 MB RAM
  • Graphics: Geforce GTX 770 or AMD Radeon HD 7870
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 10000 MB available space
You might get away with less though?

According to Activision :)

Minimum Specifications

Here are the minimum specs needed to play Call of Duty: Warzone:

CPU: Intel Core i3-4340 or AMD FX-6300
RAM: 8GB RAM
HDD: 175GB HD space
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 / GeForce GTX 1650 or Radeon HD 7950
DirectX: Requires DirectX 12 compatible system
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

The problem with something like a GTX 770/680/670 etc or HD7950/R9 280 will be the power requirements are much higher then a GTX 1650. GTX 1050Ti/950/750TI will probably work power wise but perform below the level of an HD7950 or GTX 770.

On the AMD side an RX570 performs really well but uses more power then a GTX 1080, and RX560 is below minimum requirements.

There are ways to tweak performance on slower hardware by editing installation files etc . I believe the Low Spec gamer Youtube channel gives tips on that for example. I'm just commenting from what should work well according to the developers out of the box.

spvtnik1

Community Contributor
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I play Warzone at 1080p on an AMD FX8350 and GTX970. All my settings are turned to low, including textures I think. Anti-aliasing is at 2x. This is "playable". FPS is good (I have not actually measured it) and I don't get any hangups. My internet is only 15Mbps. I do notice that sometimes I make and receive wall shots, but that happens way more in Modern Warfare's multiplayer.

One thing about Warzone is that it seems to be more about positioning than twitch reflexes, so it's not like you need a top-of-the-line PC to get kills.

Unfortunately I agree with the above posts saying your power supply wattage is probably not going to cut it for a card that would get this game to shine. Just because games are listing old 600,700, and 900 series cards (or the AMD equivalents) for the minimum spec doesn't mean it's going to be good, or even necessarily "playable". I've seen Warzone on my buddy's PS4 and it does look much better than on my, but you can tell they probably made some trades in order to establish 60FPS at 1080p or whatever the consoles are running at. It's definitely 30+ fps if not the full 60fps.

Reactions: muzaleo

TRENDING THREADS