Question What could cause your PC to restart during a specific game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2021
Visit site
Hi! I just built my system not even a week ago, but I seem to be having an issue with 2 games, Fall Guys and Robocraft. Both will cause my system to restart. I've tested the ram both are good, I'm not overclocking, I have no virus, I'm not overheating the CPU or GPU. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the gpu drivers. I've also installed the GeForce Experience and game ready driver through Nvidia. Short of resetting the BIOS, I'm at a loss.

Asus Tuf Gaming B550 plus with wifi motherboard
Ryzen 7 5800 CPU
Corsair H100i RGB Platinum SE hydro cooler
Ventus 2X GeForce RTX 3060 gpu
T-Force 2x16 gb 3200 C16 ram
Master Cooler v750 gold v2 psu

Note: Every other game I have installed runs beautifully and without issue. Valheim, Deep Rock Galatic, Among Us, Human Fall Flat, Overcooked 2, Phasmophobia, Layrinthine, Tabletop Simulator, Uno, Risk.....etc.

Reactions: Edoahcmad

Zloth

Community Contributor
By default, a blue screen of death will just make your PC restart itself - that's all the vast majority of folks can do anyway. You can change it in the settings somewhere if you want to see it. Sometimes it will point to a particular DLL having issues.

Maybe the CPU is getting too hot? Is your cooling system cooling that? Or maybe it isn't getting quite enough power? A game like Valheim really pushes the graphics but I don't think it needs all that much CPU.

Apr 19, 2021
Visit site
By default, a blue screen of death will just make your PC restart itself - that's all the vast majority of folks can do anyway. You can change it in the settings somewhere if you want to see it. Sometimes it will point to a particular DLL having issues.

Maybe the CPU is getting too hot? Is your cooling system cooling that? Or maybe it isn't getting quite enough power? A game like Valheim really pushes the graphics but I don't think it needs all that much CPU.
I was able to run and play Fall Guys for a few mins and I checked the CPU temp, it didn't get above 53C, so again, no my CPU is not overheating even when running the game. I've also run reliability on windows and all it shows is that windows was not shut down properly. No blue screen either, just a beep and restart.

Reactions: Edoahcmad
Have a look in Event Viewer for Warning or Error messages at the time the restart happens. That should indicate what is causing the problem.
Every other game I have installed runs beautifully
You don't say you've uninstalled and then redownloaded and reinstalled the problem games—if you haven't, do so. If they're not overloading your hardware, then the likely problem is some problem with the game files.

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
Could also be RAM at a guess. Have you tried disabling the DOCP profile and running the RAM at bone stock? I say that because it looks likle Robocraft is the sort of physics game that might hit the CPU/RAM and throw up errors, and Fall Guys is that kind of MMO with a lot of players that might do the same.

Updating to the latest BIOS could actually help with that too.

Apr 19, 2021
Visit site
After reading all the comments here and doing further research, it seems that the consensus is a BIOS issue. I have since updated the BIOS and the game seems to be running properly and I've been able to play more than 45 mins without a crash which usually happens at game start or within 10 mins of playing. Thank you all for your suggestions and comments. It was really helpful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS