Question What could be the issue?

Jul 21, 2020
Visit site
Today, July 20th, I received my X570 Aorus Elite Wifi motherboard. I was under the impression that it would work with my Ryzen 7 3700x CPU out of the box, but apparently there is something wrong. When I put the 3700x in and power the pc on, everything in the case powers on, except for the motherboard lights. The PC never posts whether I have the HDMI cable plugged in to the motherboard itself, or the GPU. AMD sent me an Athlon200GE processor, so I figured I would try it as well. With the Athlon cpu installed, everything in the PC powers on, including the motherboard lights. However, it freezes on the post screen, and is unresponsive to any keyboard or mouse input. The only way to make it responsive is to reset the CMOS. (I will also mention that neither my HDD, SDD, or bootable USB drive show up in the BIOS) At that point, I only have access to the bios until the pc resets at which the PC yet again freezes on the post screen and I have to reset CMOS again. The BIOS version is currently the latest version which is f20. I have tested each of my PC parts and they all work, there is simply something wrong with the motherboard software. I tried taking out the ram and powering it on with only one stick, with absolutely no difference for either CPU. I should also note that the motherboard fan located on the bottom right will only spin with the Ryzen CPU, but not with the Athlon CPU. (sorry if this is poorly worded, it's late and I'm very aggravated at Gigabyte's increasingly shitty products)
PC SPECS:
Ryzen 7 3700x
X570 Aorus Elite Wifi
Nvidia GTX 1080
EVGA 600w Bronze+
G. Skill 2x16gb Trident Z Neo

Jul 21, 2020
Visit site
Today, July 20th, I received my X570 Aorus Elite Wifi motherboard. I was under the impression that it would work with my Ryzen 7 3700x CPU out of the box, but apparently there is something wrong. When I put the 3700x in and power the pc on, everything in the case powers on, except for the motherboard lights. The PC never posts whether I have the HDMI cable plugged in to the motherboard itself, or the GPU. AMD sent me an Athlon200GE processor, so I figured I would try it as well. With the Athlon cpu installed, everything in the PC powers on, including the motherboard lights. However, it freezes on the post screen, and is unresponsive to any keyboard or mouse input. The only way to make it responsive is to reset the CMOS. (I will also mention that neither my HDD, SDD, or bootable USB drive show up in the BIOS) At that point, I only have access to the bios until the pc resets at which the PC yet again freezes on the post screen and I have to reset CMOS again. The BIOS version is currently the latest version which is f20. I have tested each of my PC parts and they all work, there is simply something wrong with the motherboard software. I tried taking out the ram and powering it on with only one stick, with absolutely no difference for either CPU. I should also note that the motherboard fan located on the bottom right will only spin with the Ryzen CPU, but not with the Athlon CPU. (sorry if this is poorly worded, it's late and I'm very aggravated at Gigabyte's increasingly shitty products)
PC SPECS:
Ryzen 7 3700x
X570 Aorus Elite Wifi
Nvidia GTX 1080
EVGA 600w Bronze+
G. Skill 2x16gb Trident Z Neo
I forgot to mention that I have tried powering the PC on without a GPU installed for both CPU's as well.

TRENDING THREADS