Question What are you going to do now that Cyberpunk 2077 is delayed again?

JSimenhoff

Community Manager
Nov 25, 2019
Visit site
View: https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1321128432370176002

The collective cry from gamers around the world could be heard this morning after CD PROJEKT RED announced another delay for the highly anticipated Cyberpunk 2077. I was a bit shocked. Those devs and the community teams must be pulling all nighters at this point (shout out to them and stay strong ✊). I was really hoping Cyberpunk 2077 would tie me over until Baldur's Gate 3, but now who knows what I will play. Maybe I'll revisit Fallout: New Vegas or Divinity: Original Sin 2...

What games will you play while you wait for Cyberpunk 2077?

What I'm probably going to do is just play more Call of Duty: Modern Warfare multiplayer.

I'm interested in Cyberpunk 2077, but I'm not hyped for it like many people in the PC community are. I'll have to see what it's actually like to play before I even consider buying it at release. I feel like there's just too much we don't yet know about the game. I am also secretly of the opinion that The Witcher 3 wasn't that good. Great story and fine visuals, sure, but not that amazing to actually play. It never felt right to me. We'll see if I feel any different about their latest project.

I'm a little bummed because this was the only game on the horizon for me that I can think of until the end of the year. But ultimately I'm sure I'll find something to do with myself. I'm one of those rare creatures that doesn't understand the hype for The Witcher and found it woefully mediocre. While I'm interested in the setting, I'm skeptical that it'll be a game I actually enjoy. I love me a good RPG and Keanu is kind of my spirit animal, so I'm definitely going to give it a shot, though.

I suspect that I just might finish up Half-Life: Alyx sometime between now and December, after that.... I just have no idea. I've probably got another 50 hours I can put into BG3 EA until I'm risking burnout from act 1 once it releases, and it feels like all the big major games with any significance have either already released or are ages away. Maybe Mafia, since I never did get to play that one back in the day, but I loved the second one.

Admittedly, Cyberpunk 2077 isn't terribly interesting to me, and I sort of feel bad for the developers whose game is so insanely over-hyped that it's essentially impossible it will live up to expectations. So, this announcement doesn't change much for me. Although I am interested in following the reviews once it does release. I'm totally willing to give it a shot if the reviews resonate with me. I'm not sure what other games I'm really excited for the remainder of this year, so I'll probably just keep chipping away at my backlog (until the steam winter sale promptly destroys all that progress :ROFLMAO:)

I guess I have time for The Outer Worlds - Peril on Gorgon now...

This delay sucks. I feel for the folks that took time off work after getting the confirmation tweet that there would be no more delays. I guess one good thing to come out of it is that my new monitor hasn't arrived yet.

Guess I'll start a wikifight explaining that "gone gold" doesn't mean the product is actually done and ready for distribution (as I and the rest of the world foolishly assumed it did for the last 30 odd years). *Sigh*

Reactions: JSimenhoff
Yesterday I was writing in discord that I did not really care that much about the delay, but after having some more hours to think about it, I'm actually a bit disappointed. I don't work in a game studio, so I don't know that much about what is going on behind the scenes during crunch mode, but It seems to me to be a lack of communication going on. Did they not talk to the developers when they first put the release date on November 17th? Would not the lead/senior developers in each section have a little clue as to when it most likely would be finished? If there was so much uncertainty in the first place, what did they not just postpone the release at least another one or two months? Would it not be better to have a later date and then say: "Hey, guys, guess what? We are releasing the title EARLIER than expected." It just seems to me that this is something they already should have known weeks beforehand.

What we need now is Keanu Reeves coming to our door delivering the game while saying "Sorry for the delay. You are breathtaking!"

As for games to play instead, well, I guess I will be finishing up on Spiritfarer and Wasteland 3. Oh, and I still need to man up and play more of Resident Evil 7: Biohazard.

Last edited:
Reactions: JSimenhoff
Jul 13, 2020
Visit site
Probably gonna play something now, we keeping my gaming session filled with short and chill titles so I can jump into Cyberpunk 2077 in 3 weeks.
Not I have 6 weeks so I'll probably delve into a bigger game.

Zloth

Community Contributor
What we need now is Keanu Reeves coming to our door delivering the game while saying "Sorry for the delay. You are breathtaking!"

I think I might find that awkward... how about changing 'breathtaking' to 'excellent' and do a little air guitar bit?

I guess I have time for The Outer Worlds - Peril on Gorgon now...
Or better yet, Outer Wilds!

• Haha
Reactions: Frindis

TRENDING THREADS