Question What are some games you enjoy that are usually panned by players?

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!

Zloth

Community Contributor
I think Shadow of War also gets panned at times. Sometimes because of it's controls with many actions on the SPACE key(even my bodyguard comes when I use that key sometimes). Also some people start off thinking it's a combat game and keep getting killed, but really it's designed as a stealth game.
Well, the big beef against the game was the pay-to-win system it had when it first showed up. It's still a LONG way to get the "secret/best/whatever" ending, but I sure liked the game plenty. Blade of Galadriel added more fun, too, though that also got panned for some reason. (Dwarf influence?)

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
- Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst
Sure the fighting was a bit awkward but I thought the open world was pretty fun
- FNAF Security Breach
Not scary at all but it’s a decent ’hide from the monsters in conveniently placed bins’ game
- Just Cause 4
I don’t know why it gets so much hate at least from what I’ve seen. The arsenal is dull but it‘s pretty fun to just mess around and start mini-wars in random places. I bought the 3rd one since people said it was way better so that might change my opinion I suppose.

Well, the big beef against the game was the pay-to-win system it had when it first showed up. It's still a LONG way to get the "secret/best/whatever" ending, but I sure liked the game plenty. Blade of Galadriel added more fun, too, though that also got panned for some reason. (Dwarf influence?)
Yes I'd forgotten about that and that could be added to my makeshift reasons list.

Monetisation, which did cause a backlash. So I suppose they thought they could make more money based on the succcess of the original. I just read that they made the game harder to play to entice players to spend real money to buy war chests.
I missed all that but like many gave it a chance after watching that Game Maker's Toolkit video.

Zloth

Community Contributor
I bought the 3rd one since people said it was way better so that might change my opinion I suppose.
I only played 2 and 3. There were always people in the forums griping about how 2 was so much better than 3, too. I'm starting to wonder if it's really just a matter of whichever one you play first being the most fun one.
I missed all that but like many gave it a chance after watching that Game Maker's Toolkit video.
Bruz alone makes the game worth playing!

As most of you know i have been hammering SATISFACTORY every day for the last 16 month with over 2,000 hours clocked up. Its the only construction game i have ever used so i had a steep learning curve , its got huge moving items ... the machines and other stuff , big mountains and cliffs to constantly re-render as you move , the cpu and gpu must be working their guts off so i dont get why some players say its not as good as factorio ???

Unless i am missing something factorio looks like games i played in 1982 .

A lot of people who bad mouth games do it just because they can

As most of you know i have been hammering SATISFACTORY every day for the last 16 month with over 2,000 hours clocked up. Its the only construction game i have ever used so i had a steep learning curve , its got huge moving items ... the machines and other stuff , big mountains and cliffs to constantly re-render as you move , the cpu and gpu must be working their guts off so i dont get why some players say its not as good as factorio ???

Unless i am missing something factorio looks like games i played in 1982 .

A lot of people who bad mouth games do it just because they can

How the game looks doesn't determine how good of a game it is.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts