Weekend Question: Which underappreciated comic book characters deserve their own game?

PCG Jody

Staff member
Dec 9, 2019
Visit site
I ask the PCG staff a regular Weekend Question and post the answers on the site. If you'd like to throw in an answer here, I'll squeeze the best into the finished article!

This week the question is: Which underappreciated comic book characters deserve their own game?

The newly announced Marvel's Midnight Suns may feature the big-name likes of Captain America and Wolverine, a hero who is on almost as many teams as Beast—canonically a member of the X-Men, Hex-Men, Extreme X-Men, X-Factor, X-Club, Defenders, Avengers, Secret Avengers, SWORD, and, oh yeah, the Illuminati—but it also gives Magik, Robbie Reyes, and Nico Minoru from Runaways a rare opportunity to star in a videogame. And even most Marvel tragics hadn't heard of the original Midnight Sons before Firaxis mentioned they inspired this new game.

Point is, while Batman and Spider-Man star in strings of games, other characters wait for their turn. And not just superheroes. We've had videogames about the likes of Bone and Scott Pilgrim, and let's not forget Garfield Kart. Who else deserves a game?

Probably not what you have in mind, but…

The Flintstones: imagine Fred & Barney in a peaceful version of Jurassic Park, where dinos have been domesticated abd Bedrock is the first thriving settlement at the dawn of humanity's emergence as a socially organized industrious species.

Mr Magoo: clear candidate to lead a Hidden Object series.

Sylvester: if Stray is a hit, that's gotta open some doors and mouseholes.

Sheriff bing-bing-bing Ricochet Rabbit: good guys chasing bad guys, what more do you want?

I'll see myself out…

I'd have to go with the perennial favourite for this exact topic: Moon Knight. An Arkham style outing for Marvel's own Batman-clone would be amazing, as has been pointed out by a million other nerds on the internet.

On the other hand, if we're allowed to wish for an actually decent game for a character who has already had at least one crappy video game adaptation then my wishlist would include Hellboy, Spawn and Daredevil, all criminally lacking a great video game.

I don't know whether they are underappreciated or not, but I enjoyed the Fantastic Four as a kid. As popular as 4 player co-op is, they would do great in a game, particularly as they all have their own unique powers. I'm not really a comic guy, though. If I've heard of them, they probably aren't underappreciated.

Wasn't Avatar (airbender, not blue guys) a comic first? There are a lot of mods that add Avatar mechanics and characters to games, but I don't know of any games on PC that feature Avatar. I think my kids had a wii game, but that's all I'm aware of.

Reactions: Pifanjr and Mazer

TRENDING THREADS