Weekend Question: What's a weird quirk your PC has?

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Good to know :)
Yes :)
It's useful to know when troubleshooting that someone is an experienced user.

Okay, so you launched the app, and while running, located it's icon on Taskbar and pinned it. That's different to what I understood earlier.
Yup, did it this way, and also pinned it from the start menu. The one in the start menu always worked, but neither worked on the task bar after a while.

Am I reading correctly that you've done this more than once?
If yes, how/why does it reappear?
I did this today actually, and so far, so good. Plex was pinned to taskbar and launched installation app, after deleting installation app, it launched the program. Did not re-pin Plex.

Unpin from Taskbar;
Delete install file;
Run Plex;
Pin that icon.

Did it a bunch of times, but since it works now, I'm going to try to forget about this. :tearsofjoy:

PS I'm on Win10, I have a faint memory of reading Win11 has reduced Taskbar functionality—maybe there's something there I don't know about.
Yeah, for Win 10 I had no such problems.

That's so overkill. You don't need that, Send it to me so I can uhhhh.... properly dispose of it.... yeah..... :devilish:
Not a chance! Haha

At some point, I want to try to get Dragon's Lair working on there, but it doesn't seem like it's easy to set up properly. I was thinking about buying the one from GOG, since it's made to work with newer versions of Windows, but then I found out the controls are that you have to use a mouse to click on onscreen arrows and buttons, like you would on a phone touch screen game. And I heard you can't set keybindings for it. So that's a no from me, dawg!

I got this woman on my screen in a Santa outfit that appears when I least want it. I mean, I don't really want her to appear at all, but when I try to uninstall her, she says "you are on my naughty list" and then she turns off my computer. Last night I was playing Warzone 2.0 and just as I was about to get my chicken dinner she slowly walks over the screen while blowing me a kiss. I did not get my chicken dinner! I am never installing freeware from ebaumsworld ever again!

Dec 15, 2019
Visit site
The RGB on my CPU liquid cooler* periodically switches off - only when I'm mid-game or in a browser, though. Also, my browser sometimes shows ads for Femfresh after the missus has been on my computer.

*No doubt a pointless extra expense but I was feeling flush at the time. Please don't judge me.

I got this woman on my screen in a Santa outfit that appears when I least want it. I mean, I don't really want her to appear at all, but when I try to uninstall her, she says "you are on my naughty list" and then she turns off my computer. Last night I was playing Warzone 2.0 and just as I was about to get my chicken dinner she slowly walks over the screen while blowing me a kiss. I did not get my chicken dinner! I am never installing freeware from ebaumsworld ever again!
she sounds like a modern version of
22 years ago I had a work mate who had that on her pc. Our pc back then didn't run, they shuffled sideways so loading that on her PC really wasn't helping or changing performance a lot. My current pc is probably 100 times better than it was... probably more.

May 11, 2022
Visit site
My keyboard rgb doesn't load right with windows every day, I do know the fix but I haven't taken plunge as requires resetting keyboard and I don't want to set up colors again.

My CPU cooler RGB doesn't come on with the rest of the other RGB when I power on the PC.

It only lights up when windows starts because I made the unrecoverable mistake of installing Armory Crate and it's now triggered by that service.

I uninstalled AC, now I didn't have any RGB. Fuddled around in the BIOS, never got it to work again like it used to before installing AC the first time so now I have to live with that.

It kinda bothers me?

My CPU cooler RGB
what make/model cooler?
What Asus motherboard?

I have rgb strip on MB that is always the same color. The software for MB is just annoying so I only installed long enough to change strip color. The rest of my rgb controlled by Icue including the Keyboard I will fix one day.

Depending what cooler it is you could try to use https://www.signalrgb.com/devices/ to control it all

May 11, 2022
Visit site
what make/model cooler?
What Asus motherboard?

Deep Cool GammaXX GT
ASUS Prime Z490-P

Every RGB used to light up as soon as I powered the PC. After installing AC that changed, so I unlinked everything from AC except the CPU cooler and its fan which apparently won't come on without it. So now when I power on the PC everything comes on except CPU/fan, which will light up when Windows is booted up and sitting on the password screen.

I wanted to set it up so the color of the RGB would reflect the temperature of the CPU and GPU using their respective RGB which I thought would be pretty cool, never got it to work, tried to revert to factory behavior by uninstalling AC, now stuck with it.

To be honest I didn't spend that much time trying to solve that "issue" but my conclusion is that Armory Crate has all the familiar symptoms of a bloated parasitic nuisance.

Reactions: Brian Boru
well, the cooler manual doesn't help = https://www.deepcool.com/download/pdf/GAMMAXX_GT_V2.pdf

its probably a setting in the bios, have a look in advanced view/advanced tab/onboard devices config
there is a header called LED Lighting

LED lighting
When system is in working state
This item allows you to turn the RGB LED lighting on or off when the system is in the
working state.
[All On]: All LEDs (Aura or Functional) will be enabled.
[Stealth Mode]: All LEDs (Aura and Functional) will be disabled.
[Aura Only]: Aura LEDs will be enabled and functional LEDs will be disabled.
[Aura Off]: Aura LEDs will be disabled, however functional LEDs will still be enabled
page 49 here - https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...UF_GAMING_Intel_400_Series_BIOS_EM_WEB_EN.pdf
though obviously that just turns it off.

You might need to reset bios to defaults to get it to do right thing. May also need to stop using AC unless you need it for something else.

I have had to do similar in the past with Asus programs, I mistakenly set up a software overclock in AI Suite on my last PC and spent a few months turning it off every startup until I worked out only answer was a bios reset and deleting AI Suite

Most Asus programs aren't needed really

I spent that last 4 days or so playing/fixing my RGB so I probably not best person to do this. The colors on my keyboard have decided they don't want to load at start which makes finding right keys on kb a fun time each morning. Means I have to find my glasses before I try. Like you they fine once windows starts.

A lot of that is user error. I didn't realise my Icue was remembering every theme I had made in the last 2 years. In that time I had corrupted my onboard profiles on KB, and have had to delete them all off Icue & Reset KB a few times since. I think its right now, but I have said that before. I won't know until I start PC again.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Brian Boru
Yeah, pinned Plex is back to doing the same thing. What I found that is really weird, is that it opens Plex normally on the second try. First try goes to installation of Plex, second goes to Plex. I have no explanation for this at all.

Reactions: Pifanjr

TRENDING THREADS