Question Weekend Question: What did you buy in 2020's Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales?

PCG Jody

Staff member
Dec 9, 2019
Visit site
I ask the PCG staff a regular Weekend Question and post the answers on the site. If you'd like to throw in an answer here, I'll squeeze the best into the finished article!

This week's question is: What did you buy in 2020's Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales?

Did you buy anything this year? Note that it doesn't have to be stuff that's specifically PC-related if you picked up a robotic vacuum cleaner or a phone or some sensible household items instead of a new monitor or SSD. If you bought games in the Steam Autumn Sale those count too.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
I had a Steam voucher, so grabbed a game basically for free. It was Dark Souls 3 with all DLCs. The only DS game I haven't played for some reason. I also bought Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones on GOG - an interesting RPG with a unique atmosphere. Both games are waiting for their turn. Probably I won't start neither of them before Cyberpunk 2077 is released. I want to fully focus on CD Projekt Red's new game, so it's pointless to begin playing something bigger few days before the release date.

No games, but I bought a Samsung Galaxy A71, my first mobile phone upgrade since 2009! Have not opened it yet and pretty excited to see how much stuff I can do with it. I also bought an RGB floor lamp, a couple of pillows, a new iron pan, and an oven pot.

Reactions: Favian01
I got myself a new mouse. My G502 has been getting worn out, middle mouse button didn't work, the scroll wheel was going out, and the pads on the bottom were nearly gone. So I got a G502 hero, because I hate change. I also bought some VR games I was waiting for a sale on, since there were some great sales on those.

Surprisingly little. The games were sunset overdrive after it was knocked down to 3.74 and black mesa after it was knocked to half price.

i was tempted by more offers but i decided to resist. Christmas sale around the corner and with a massive catalogue of games, i felt i could hang back and wait.

Reactions: Favian01 and Zloth
ScanDisk 1TB Extreme Portable SSD. It was (and still is as of today 12/3/20) on sale for $149, down from $249 on Amazon. Nothing else, as my big splurge this year was an EVGA RTX 3080, which I was fortunate enough to get on 11/18.

Reactions: Pifanjr
Nov 15, 2020
Visit site
Ridge Racer Unbound
Hotshot Racing
Quake 2

All from Steam BF sale. Also bought Dirt 5 which wasn't on sale but I refunded it after 2 hours of play as the game is really half-baked...no wheel support, rubber-band AI, collision model more basic than a mobile game, and crickets during match-making.

I purchased Shadow of War Definitive Edition and Doom (2014) which cost around £10 together.
I think I did quite well in making sure I didn't overspend, with a big enough backlog of games to get through and a winter sale coming quite soon i figure get through some games before buying more.
Oh and I also brought a jacket

Reactions: Zloth and Pifanjr

Zloth

Community Contributor
@Zloth Bruz is great, I can't wait to kill him again!
Nnnnooooo!!!! (OK, so yeah, he stabbed you square in the back. But come on, he was just a bit grumpy because his transition to a management position was being delayed. Slap him around a little, give'm the old glowing hands to remind him who's boss, then give him an overlord position somewhere. That'll make everyone happy. Except Ratbag.)

TRENDING THREADS