Weekend Question: What deserves to be the next streaming phenomenon like Among Us or Phasmophobia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCG Jody

Staff member
Dec 9, 2019
Visit site
I ask the PCG staff a regular Weekend Question and post the answers on the site. If you'd like to throw in an answer here, I'll squeeze the best into the finished article!

This week the question is: What deserves to be the next streaming phenomenon like Among Us or Phasmophobia?

It's impossible to predict what's going to strike a cord with streamers next. Among Us became a hit years after its initial release, and just when we thought everyone was sick of seeing people on the internet scream at horror games along comes Phasmophobia to prove us wrong.

Whether new or old, what's a game you think should be as big on Twitch as Fall Guys, Genshin Impact, In Silence, or whatever has taken off in the five minutes since I wrote this?

McStabStab

Community Contributor
In the same vein as Among Us, the old TTT mode for Garry's Mod (Trouble in Terrorist Town) was the best version of the "werewolf" game that I can remember. The cool thing about it was there was some more detective work you could do, analyzing DNA from corpses, identify bodies, etc. Plus Traitors could get C4 and other items to help wipe out the opposing players. Seeing that get popular again would be great.

Whatever Unity prototype I manage to crap out this weekend. That would be nice.

Oh you said "deserves".

Well it's a bit janky and inconsistent but BIGFOOT is a co-op game in a similar vein to Phasmaphobia, only instead of slinking around in a poory lit cabin, it's a large forest, and instead of a malevolent invisible ghost strangling your mates to death, it's a 3 meter tall ape man chucking them off a mountain.

Unfortunately it doesn't quite have the replay value of Phasmaphobia because you can't tap out at any time. Either everyone dies or whoever survives gets the glory of dragging an unconscious yeti back to their caravan where a cozy little cage works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS