Feature 

We want to see your Valheim builds!

Hello fellow Viking survivors,

If you're enjoying Valheim as much as I am, you'll have spent plenty of time making your base comfy and cool. Personally, I'm spending pretty much all my time doing up my house and not doing much exploring at all.

Anyway, I'm on the lookout for the very best Valheim builds, so we want to see yours. Show us what you've come up with below and we'll be picking the best ones to feature in our builds roundup on the site soon. Also, feel free to share some building tips to help the rest of us produce some excellent constructions.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 13, 2021
Visit site
View: https://imgur.com/a/iFZzryx
Here's a cabin I've been working on. I haven't been keeping tabs on other builds I'm sure someone's done a log cabin already. I wanted to have it as small and cozy as I could. The workbench is next to the front wall so I can put the tanning rack on the front porch part.

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/JUMp5uC
-- and here's my first house.

Edit: experimenting with a smoke free, space saving solution to a warm bed lol. - it works but your bed has to be really close.

View: https://imgur.com/a/tmzXFgi

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2021
Visit site
QjFCyCN.jpg

Eizmqq4.jpg

Lt4ZT4L.jpg

0UwAcnj.jpg

MfmOZGG.jpg

NQNYhg8.jpg

I6g10YE.jpg

6ke8OaQ.jpg

0uB2NTC.jpg

Props to my master-building nephew;) I have been gathering wood, rock, and all things shiny, while he has been building this lovely house not far from Black Forrest (actually just 1-2 meters from the border). We even got a giant troll neighbor, so we have to be very careful as to where we chop down trees so we do not aggro it.

Ps: If you hold CTRL+F3 you toggle UI on/off.

axaWpUN.jpg

@JSimenhoff nice spot! Looks quite nice for fishing also:) Currently living in a 5 player Viking village myself and it is really cool to see how people are building their homes. My own building experience is unfortunately not that vast, so I ended up with a clumsy high and narrow house that got a bit too much smoke inside because I kind of forgot to build ventilation. "Learning by doing", as the psychologist John Dewey once said... or die from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Last edited:

JSimenhoff

Community Manager
Nov 25, 2019
Visit site
@JSimenhoff nice spot! Looks quite nice for fishing also:) Currently living in a 5 player Viking village myself and it is really cool to see how people are building their homes. My own building experience is unfortunately not that vast, so I ended up with a clumsy high and narrow house that got a bit too much smoke inside because I kind of forgot to build ventilation. "Learning by doing", as the psychologist John Dewey once said... or die from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Nice start! You can definitely start smoking if you don't have proper ventilation and you don't want to char your viking.

I was having so much trouble building at first. I've been trying to play the game relatively spoiler free, but I did cave out of frustration and ended up watching this building guide.

I loosely followed the instructions, and learned a lot along the way. For example, I had no idea that you can see how supportive a wall, floor, pillar is by mousing over (yellow is bad, green is good, blue is best). Also leveling is key. I've been applying the principles I learned in that video to many other builds. It may help give you a good foundation for building, pun intended :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS