Video Highlights of my RE Village gameplay.

Here's a video from my current Hardcore NG+ playthrough. Sadly I'd forgotten to set ShadowPlay to 20 min so it doesn't show the whole battle. It is however an example of how to kill one of the toughest enemies in the game with minimal resources and no damage. I took damage at one point, but it was due to a stupid mistake.

This is the Varcolac Alpha, the alpha werewolf of the game. I find luring it out of the wheat field makes it easier to see and deal with, plus there's a handy cabin to retreat to. Killing it will get you the Crystal Ancient Beast, which at 80,000 Lei, is the most valuable thing in the game, whether you're talking corpse loot, or even assembled valuables.

You're also rewarded with the Leader of the Pack trophy, which nets you 10,000 Completion Points you can spend on bonus items, like better weapons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
Here's the entire Stronghold assault to get the final flask. It went pretty well for the most part, save for a bit of trouble zeroing in on the flame arrow archers, a wasted shot at an explosive barrel, and going braindead in the gem cave forgetting one was on the spiked crystal. The boss went down pretty quick though.

Here I have parts 1 & 2 of the Factory. I missed a few items to pick up in Part 1, but went back and found them before capturing Part 2. In Part 2 I focused on showing all the pickups, and verified search completed by showing blue status with the map when exiting areas. I will focus on doing this when I make my walkthrough as well.

These runs went pretty well, I had many flashbangs available, most of which I found. It's really helpful to have 3 for the Soldat Jet and Panzer enemies, both of which are armored and require more ammo than it's worth to take them down. I also managed to solve the Iron Horse Labyrinth puzzle this time, which I missed on my first run. The Iron Horse puzzle is by far the hardest of the 4 labyrinth puzzles for me, but I finally got the feel of it.

At the 12:22 mark in Part 1, when I first saw the loot in the small fenced-in room where the Soldat Elris (1 auger arm) is sleeping last play through, I realized if I could lure the Soldat Zwei (2 auger arms) toward the fence where there's a piece of machinery you can circle around to avoid him, he'd possibly break through the fence. This became apparent to me when I was waiting for it to approach one of those sets of high voltage electrical coils, which shock/stun them if you shoot them when they're near one, because I saw him rip right through a fence to get to me. A video guide I saw recently when I couldn't find the last item in that room, suggested tossing an explosive toward that little fenced in room, which wakes the Soldat Elris sleeping there, and he busts through the fence. That method however wastes an explosive, and any ammo you might have to use to kill the Soldat Elris. Tactics like these and the use of flashbangs and luring the Haulers to their death into the heavy machinery in the Engine Room are tricks I'm using to practice for fresh starts on the harder difficulty modes, where every bit of ammo and cash become critical.

Other than that, some highlights for me were the no miss kill on the Soldat Elris at the 7:26 mark in Part 1, the 3 Hauler kill in Part 2 at the 1:20 mark using just 3 shotgun rounds and 1 pipe bomb, and the 12:27 mark in Part 2 where I landed some pretty good snipe shots through the window on the room full of Haulers, including a 2-for-one shot. These may seem like trivial accomplishments, but they add up resource wise. I DO however keep making the mistake of taking too many shots at the Soldat Elris' when they're stumbling toward me. It's far better to wait until they get to that stationary thrust pose at the end of it, even if it means backing up a bit if you can. Haulers will go down with two well placed headshots each with a substantially upgraded shotgun at close range (on Hardcore anyway), but the way they move, it's often hard to accomplish that. This is why I like to use a pipe bomb to soften them up or finish them off when they're clustered together.

Last edited:
Here's the completion of my Hardcore NG+ playthrough with 3 more videos. Nowhere has the NG+ nature of this run been more evident than here. I almost worry I spoiled myself for fresh starts on Hardcore, and especially Village of Shadows. I had such ridiculous amounts of Mines and Magnum and Grenade Launcher ammo, that it made the last 3 boss fights too easy.

In fact it was so easy I put the Sturm and Heisenberg fights in one video, because it took like less than 40 seconds to take down the Sturm boss. I also used a starting method on the Sturm that I've not seen anyone else do yet, and when it came to me, I realized it just made sense. Miranda also went pretty fast and easy this time, and I didn't even have to use 1 health vial.

As far as the video walkthrough I was planning, I decided I may do two. I was originally thinking of just doing a Village of Shadows walkthrough, but then I realized most that have the courage to play on VoS with a fresh start probably don't need a walkthrough as much as those whom try a fresh start on Hardcore. So doing both just seemed logical to me.

TRENDING THREADS