Value for money gaming chair?

Hi is this gaming chair good enough? And what about the speakers? Thanks :)

If it is as advertised it looks like a pretty great deal. I'm extremely skeptical of the speakers, though. Maybe if you aren't too picky about your sound, they will be okay. The arm rests also don't look so hot, but I very rarely use the armrests on my chair, so maybe it doesn't matter to you. The user reviews are generally very good.

Maybe there is someone here who has actually used this chair and has some practical knowledge about it.

What I do is get a nice office chair, which are generally higher value than gaming chairs, and then I have some Bluetooth Edifier speakers, which are also great value and should last about forever. Of course, that set up is more costly than this $149 chair. As far as getting a chair and speakers on a budget goes, this looks like a very appealing option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Brian Boru
As @Colif above rightly says, you'd be better off with a solid office chair than a 'gaming' chair, for a number of reasons:
  1. Office chairs typically come with a rating of how many hours you can expect to be sat comfortably in them, or how many hours per day for a certain amount of years they have before they need maintenance or break. They also have a greater variety of weights, whereas gaming chairs required me to lose weight because they typically max out at a 125kg load.
  2. 'Gaming' chairs are reject racing chairs, which isn't that prestigious an honour. Formula One drivers have their chairs designed around them for the most comfort and ability to drive around, not to mention, they don't sit in their cars the way we do a desk, making the design a matter of style over substance.
  3. A good mesh office chair is breathable, meaning it absorbs less skin flakes, fingerprint marks, and sweat. Gaming chairs are typically made with fake leather, and the arm rests of this spongy substance that have all manner of dust on them. They also get sticky in hotter climates with sweat, and cleaning becomes way more necessary.
  4. The 'lumbar support' is anything but. It's usually a cheap cushion that'll go flat after a short amount of time, and in the case of my £350 nobleChairs chair, the headrest still requires me to make an effort to push my head back to reach it comfortably (and it didn't come complimentary with the chair either.)
  5. This one's the least important, but after a while they get harder to look at. However awesome they look to begin with, they become increasingly tacky as time goes on. It's why I'm contemplating turning off all my RGB; I've that much in my peripheral vision it's getting tiresome.
Believe me, as someone who would rather have put that money towards a good mesh chair and a healthier diet, don't cheap out on a good chair. Your back, shoulders, thighs, feet and circulation will thank you for it.

RGB on chair? is it a chair or a Xmas tree?

its like rgb on headphones, unless you go to lan parties its kind of pointless as no one can see it if you playing alone.
I jokingly want a monitor with rgb lights around the screen bezel, that wouldn't be distracting at all.
I have rgb on my PC so I can't really so much about it. It is static colors and isn't a carnival like i see some peoples set up as.

RGB on chair? is it a chair or a Xmas tree?

Assuming you're responding to me, I should've clarified, I meant the RGB on my PC (sat on my desk), my keyboard and my mouse. My chair, mercifully, has not been assimilated by da flash gitz. That said, if it did have RGB it would save on decorations... 'tis the season, and all that!

• Haha
Jun 17, 2020
Visit site
Hey, I bought the same gaming chair a few months back and i'm sorry if this you have already bought a chair before you read this reply.

I can inform you about the little experience I have so far with it. The chair is pretty comfortable to sit on, but I would have liked my arm rest to have some sort of padding for extra comfort as well. The speakers are decent, don't expect them to be brilliant. For me, the best part of this chair is that you can tilt the back rest almost 180 degrees, which I find beneficial.

If you are still searching for a gaming chair, I would recommend having a look at these article:

1. https://thearcademan.net/gtracing-gaming-chair-review/
2. https://www.pcgamer.com/best-gaming-chairs/

Assuming you're responding to me, I should've clarified, I meant the RGB on my PC (sat on my desk), my keyboard and my mouse. My chair, mercifully, has not been assimilated by da flash gitz. That said, if it did have RGB it would save on decorations... 'tis the season, and all that!
i have rgb on same items as you. Chair would be a bit much.
PNWlY2n.jpg

I hadn't thought of a Xmas theme on lights but I like the pattern I have now and glass would have to be clear tint and I would need way more lights to make it colorful in here
Guess I could use my lamps
ALj0Gab.jpg

its more Christmas like.

TRENDING THREADS