Upgrading and new Gen questions

Hello

I have noticed and read about the new AMD CPU, AM5, and this requires a new Motherboard, which requires new DDR5 RAM, am I thinking that I don't need a new Graphics card too?

I am planning to get the RTX 3070 Ti card or better (if prices come down by September).

How long will my current setup be supported/upgradable? How easy is it to start upgrading this year, do I have to get all the parts at the same time (no backwards compatibility for anything?)

Hello

I have noticed and read about the new AMD CPU, AM5, and this requires a new Motherboard, which requires new DDR5 RAM, am I thinking that I don't need a new Graphics card too?

I am planning to get the RTX 3070 Ti card or better (if prices come down by September).

How long will my current setup be supported/upgradable? How easy is it to start upgrading this year, do I have to get all the parts at the same time (no backwards compatibility for anything?)
If you plan on upgrading after you upgrade your gpu then I'd look at upgrading your cpu to a 5700X and your RAM to a set of 3600Mhz.

If you plan on upgrading after you upgrade your gpu then I'd look at upgrading your cpu to a 5700X and your RAM to a set of 3600Mhz.

Yes, I was going to upgrade my RAM first, then cpu/motherboard.

I see you are playing on 4k, according to your TV/monitor. Your CPU won't be a bottleneck if you get a 3070ti.

Your CPU is fine for 60fps gaming.

I could be wrong, but I believe that the 3070ti gpu are in the top 15 GPU around today?

so, would the new AM5 system need a complete rebuild? Are there any components that would or could be used from the am4 gen?

TRENDING THREADS