Jun 25, 2020
Visit site
I have a asus p5q-em motherboard with a e7400 and I have a 1556 socket motherboard with a 13-540 cpu. I dont know if i should keep one and upgrade the cpu or sell both and buy something new. I'm planning on playing video games like valorant, fortnite and csgo

Last edited:
There's probably an argument for selling both if you can and investing in a new platform. While you might be able to run the games on the i3-540, it may not be an entirely smooth affair. It depends on your budget ultimately. If you simply can't afford a new platform as well as the GPU plus other things you might need, that doesn't leave you many options.

Jun 25, 2020
Visit site
There's probably an argument for selling both if you can and investing in a new platform. While you might be able to run the games on the i3-540, it may not be an entirely smooth affair. It depends on your budget ultimately. If you simply can't afford a new platform as well as the GPU plus other things you might need, that doesn't leave you many options.

I have a tight budget of 200$ for a motherboard cpu and gpu

For a new CPU you'd need a new motherboard and new RAM as modern CPUs use DDR4.

You could stick to your i3 540 and get a GPU like say an RX 570 or GTX 1650, assuming the rest of your system meets the requirements for those GPUs. And assuming you have 8gb RAM or more in your existing system.

The CPU will likely limit performance in some instances even in those games. But you should probably be able to run them. And you can upgrade the platform down the line if wanted.

TRENDING THREADS