Upgrade GPU - Specs

Jan 15, 2024
Visit site
Hi,

I was looking to upgrade my GPU and came here for some advice as I don't know what to look out for and if my PSU can even handle it.

Current setup:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
PSU: Corsair RM750
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Aero 8G
Tower: be quiet! Pure Base 500DX Black Midi

I play games like World of Warcraft / Diablo / Path of Exile etc.
And would like to play VR sometime aswell
Budget would be around 500€

Is it even worth upgrading ?

Please help a man out :)
Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Brian Boru
Hi,

I was looking to upgrade my GPU and came here for some advice as I don't know what to look out for and if my PSU can even handle it.

Current setup:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
PSU: Corsair RM750
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Aero 8G
Tower: be quiet! Pure Base 500DX Black Midi

I play games like World of Warcraft / Diablo / Path of Exile etc.
And would like to play VR sometime aswell
Budget would be around 500€

Is it even worth upgrading ?

Please help a man out :)
Thanks in advance!

1070Ti is pretty old, for around 400eur in EU you can find a card that's twice as fast, the 6800 non-xt.
you can add 100-115eur on top of that and get the 7800xt, but I don't think you'll see that much of a difference tbh. Definitely with moving from 1070Ti to 6800.
a 750w psu is fine for all of those cards mentioned here, and with overclock headroom.

Jan 15, 2024
Visit site
1070Ti is pretty old, for around 400eur in EU you can find a card that's twice as fast, the 6800 non-xt.
you can add 100-115eur on top of that and get the 7800xt, but I don't think you'll see that much of a difference tbh. Definitely with moving from 1070Ti to 6800.
a 750w psu is fine for all of those cards mentioned here, and with overclock headroom.
Hmm looking at the price in Belgium that one goes for 495€.
Checked on UserBenchmark for the RX6800 XT one, wich is 549€, is the 50€ extra worth it ?

All around seems like a HUGE upgrade to my 1070Ti hehe

RX 6800 XT - 549€
RX 6800 - 495€

Jan 15, 2024
Visit site
Well, I come here for help now since **** hit the fan...

I installed the new gpu, updated all drivers, pc started to get BSOD en instantly goes to bios, this happened like 10 times and now its just stuck in bios, from what I can figure out is that it now can't find my SSD so it can't find any bootable devices.

It won't event boot to windowds anymore
*sigh*

now its just stuck in bios, from what I can figure out is that it now can't find my SSD so it can't find any bootable devices

When you say "figure out"—have you looked in the 'Boot' section of BIOS to actually see what the boot sequence is, and change if necessary?

Do you have any removable drive—eg optical, USB—from which you could boot, if it was first in the boot sequence?

I can't follow your hardware choices above, but maybe your motherboard needs a BIOS update to function with newer other components.

Jan 15, 2024
Visit site
in the boot section i can't find anything related to boot sequense, i can only find that in "easy mode" and that says there are no bootable devices and I can't change anything since it doesn't have anything.

Currently on BIOS version 3001

Jan 15, 2024
Visit site
So I tried the clean install, but it keeps asking for drivers before i can do anything.
I tried downloading the raid drivers from Asus but that isn't working either.

Where should I get these drivers, and do i need another usb just to put the drivers on ?

ps. don't install armory crate, it's asus' bloatware, useless and hard to uninstall.

Jan 15, 2024
Visit site
I tried this all day today, couldn't get past the driver situation, for some reason it could 't find either my ssd or my USB, even though it could find the usb for the boot...

Bringing it in so a person with experience can take a look at it, might actually ripped my SSD.

I did however update my bios to the new version, wich i probably should have done before all this mess happened

Reactions: Brian Boru and D10S

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts