undervolting 5800x3d

Jul 13, 2022
Visit site
i'm trying to do undervolting 5800x3d with pbo2 but it's not working at all i tried from -5 to -50 but nothing is there something else i should do like in the bios ? i have asus viii ch hero wifi here any help ?

Jul 13, 2022
Visit site
Last edited by a moderator:

COLGeek

Do you have a link for your specific AIO?

What thermal compound are you using?

Is your AIO front or top mounted in your case?

What are the specs for the rest of your system (make/model of all installed components)?

COLGeek

Other than making sure your waterblock is securely attached to the CPU/mounting bracket, I would suggest you are fine. CPUs should get hot when under a heavy load.

I assume your AIO fans spin faster when the CPU warms up. That too is normal.

If the CPU gets too hot, it will throttle back to protect itself.

Have you monitored your temps with Ryzen Master at all?

Jul 13, 2022
Visit site
water block is secured that's the first thing i checked i re paste it like 3 times to be sure used different paste mx 4 then noctua not much difference btw ,off course fans ramp up under load which i don't like cause of noise
i'm not afraid that it will damage it self i just don't like 90 c on my chips at all and the case is next to me so noise is bad as for temps take a look to this pic View: https://imgur.com/Vjt29U3

it contain pbo2 tuner which has no effect on the cpu i'm starting to think that it does not work on my mb thake a look here for more info about pbo2 tuner 5800x3d-owners i did ask there but got no answer

TRENDING THREADS