[UK] Gaming and work laptop for £1200~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2021
Visit site
Hi,

I have a budget of around £1200 and I am willing to get a new gaming laptop in a couple months.
I will be using it mostly for CPU intensive games (Minecraft, CoH2, RTS in general, simulators such as Cities Skylines) and coding (I'm a software engineer), but I'd like a decent GPU as well, just in case.

The best choice seems to be the Asus Zephyrus G14 with Ryzen 9 for £1198, since it has Thunderbolt 3 in case I need an eGPU in the future to replace the GTX 1660TI. Also, it's the most affordable Ryzen 9 apparently.
Legion 7 has good hardware but I crossed out due to hinge issues and the keyboard lights always turning on during startup/shutdown.
There is also this HP Omen with Ryzen 7 and GTX 2070 for £1049 without Thunderbolt 3, but I am not sure about thermals.

I don't know the GPU TDP for either of them.
I don't mind about the screen much because most of the time I will play with an external 27" monitor.
Are there any better options in the UK or the Zephyrus is the best one for what I am looking for?

Reactions: farista and bananst
+
+
Have three different results for the TDP rating.

the answer stated in this link is pretty much spot on.

If you're thinking of using an e-GPU with the thunderbolt port, and not for storage or another peripheral connectivity, then I'd advise getting the higher spec'd GPU laptop.

Last edited:
Reactions: AdityaS25
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS