UDS Report

I have a game that i have used many time on my current set up and have always had the same kaspersky anti virus
Today i tried to use it , it launches from data on one of the discs , kaspersky threw up this report saying its on the disc.

UDS DangerousObject.Multi.Generic.detected.

so i can no longer use it , is their a work around

Zloth

Community Contributor
Yeah, that happens. I remember Kaspersky had trouble with The Last Remnant for many months. Right now, Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children is getting bit by Windows Defender.

I've actually had one of my own programs get hit by my virus scanner. Build the program and POOF! It vanishes. A note gets put in the virus scanner log, but most scanners don't pop up a message in your face. It was pretty confusing to build a program and have it just not be there!

I haven't launched or installed a game from a disc/cd/dvd in years, but I know that sometimes I have to create an exception in my AV program (Trend Micro in my case) to allow a game to function. I don't know all AV programs, but I've found with TM that it's not uncommon to get a false positive.

If you're absolutely sure about what you're installing, is there an exception list in Kaspersky where you can list the executable file so that it will install?

Reactions: Brian Boru
I have a game that i have used many time on my current set up and have always had the same kaspersky anti virus
Today i tried to use it , it launches from data on one of the discs , kaspersky threw up this report saying its on the disc.

UDS DangerousObject.Multi.Generic.detected.

so i can no longer use it , is their a work around

Can you put the game key into Steam and download an updated version of the game? (I have no idea if that's possible)

I did a little Google search on Kaspersky false positives, or false detections as they call them. If that is what your issue is, I've provided one link to the Kaspersky Questions & Answers section that may provide helpful information. I've also linked a short video that shows you how to make a program exception in Kaspersky; basically how to keep Kaspersky from scanning specific files or folders.

False detections by Kaspersky products. What to do?

View: https://youtu.be/E2VA62rYTag

Thank you for trying to help me especially on xmas day.
I looked at the video and i have already tried what was shown on the video.
I did all the options under the resolve tab , i also added e drive and the file details into the empty box just like you did but nothing worked to allow me to use it.

The program in question is manhunt and i have used it many times over the years on different pc's , i have even used it in the last few months without a problem and had the same kaspersky program on , the only thing i can think of is that maybe an update to the av has caused why is happening.

Once again thanks anyway and enjoy the rest of your xmas

Reactions: mainer

TRENDING THREADS