Trying to get the most out of my rig

Jul 21, 2022
Visit site
Hi guys,
So for the past couple of years, I've been determined to get myself the best rig I could buy. And finally, I've did it lol. However, game specs aren't really what I was hoping for.

To start, here's my hardware:
Mobo: Asus Prime X570 Pro
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
GPU: PNY RTX 3090
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb 3600Hz
Memory: addlink S70 1Tb SSD
Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G9
GPU/CPU are water cooled, temps don't go past 70

The main game I'm running is warzone, but I'm only getting around 130 fps, when I hoping to get around 240 (or is this not possible?) Also, on other games I rarely can reach 240, I'm not sure why, as I'd hope the 3090 could handle that. I've spent time on Nvidia control panel and endlessly messing with in-game setting with no luck. Is there some game/program settings I need to fix or turn on? Or hardware upgrades? Any feedback would be great :)

Hi guys,
So for the past couple of years, I've been determined to get myself the best rig I could buy. And finally, I've did it lol. However, game specs aren't really what I was hoping for.

To start, here's my hardware:
Mobo: Asus Prime X570 Pro
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
GPU: PNY RTX 3090
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb 3600Hz
Memory: addlink S70 1Tb SSD
Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G9

The main game I'm running is warzone, but I'm only getting around 130 fps, when I hoping to get around 240 (or is this not possible?) Also, on other games I rarely can reach 240, I'm not sure why, as I'd hope the 3090 could handle that. I've spent time on Nvidia control panel and endlessly messing with in-game setting with no luck. Is there some game/program settings I need to fix or turn on? Or hardware upgrades? Any feedback would be great :)

Hi:)

Its not the 3090. Warzone is pretty hard on the CPU, and its not possible to get 240 FPS solid in almost any modern game. Thats where VRR (GSYNC and FREESYNC) come in and keep everything smooth by syncing the GPU output to the display refresh rate.

If you absolutely must have the most FPS possible, it would help to upgrade your CPU to a Ryzen 5800x3D, which is some way faster than your 3700X, and the fastest gaming CPOU available for your motherboard. Make sure you update to the latest system BIOS if you do upgrade so that it will support it.

Jul 21, 2022
Visit site
Hi:)

Its not the 3090. Warzone is pretty hard on the CPU, and its not possible to get 240 FPS solid in almost any modern game. Thats where VRR (GSYNC and FREESYNC) come in and keep everything smooth by syncing the GPU output to the display refresh rate.

If you absolutely must have the most FPS possible, it would help to upgrade your CPU to a Ryzen 5800x3D, which is some way faster than your 3700X, and the fastest gaming CPOU available for your motherboard. Make sure you update to the latest system BIOS if you do upgrade so that it will support it.
Now that you mention GSYNC, I've been trying to get that working, but every time I activate it I get horrendous flickering. Is there any way to get rid of that? I've been using it without GSYNC the whole time :( And ill definitely look into the cpu, thanks :)

Not sure as I have had an AMD GPU since I had a monitor that is capable of VRR. Apparently the G9 has some flickering issues with Gsync as I found a lot of Reddit threads about it.

This one suggest this:

G9 menu -> system -> VRR Control -> On

as a fix, beyond that I'm afraid I dont know anything else Google wouldnt show. But you should definitely be running with Gsync on!

Otherwise to maximize your FPS with your current hardware you should have as little running in the background as possible when gaming, and download and use AMD Ryzen Master to turn on 'Precision Boost Overdrive' (PBO) which will allow your CPU to boost as high as possible without throttling. Between those two things you might get a few extra % FPS.

TRENDING THREADS