Tips for Assassin's Creed Noob ?

Hello

I've never played any Assassin's Creed games, nor many like it on PC and I haven't played many Console games (or PC) from the last 10 years etc.

I have just bought Assassin's Creed Odyssey Deluxe (incl the season pass) from Epic; and I am keen to try it out - but am wondering if there's any useful/important info/tips you might have for me considering I haven't played any of the others?

Game mechanics, important story stuff (without giving too much away - or maybe that doesn't matter?) - whatever?

Is this a bit like Far Cry/Fall Out New Vegas meets Dishonoured/Hitman? but with a Bow and Arrow?

Xbox Controller or Keyboard/Mouse ?

Are there mods I should apply to make it look even better? And if so - how?

BTW is there an online element to this - and if so is it dead or still kicking? Any good?

So that's about it - hit me with some info

Thank you for your help

Reactions: Frindis and Pifanjr

Zloth

Community Contributor
It's an excellent game! Tips, let's see...

Don't bother with any of the "xp booster" junk. The game has so much content that I wasn't even bothering to spend many of my skill points.

Don't miss Supideo's Prophesy side quest. If you see a guy in a wooden jail cell on a beach with sand piles - do his quest!

Beware the chickens.

Last edited:
Are there mods I should apply to make it look even better? And if so - how?
I haven't played the game, but there seem to be loads of mods:
How to use them = read the instructions—each mod may be different in how it's used.

Or it's possible a bunch of them can be easily installed using Nexus's Vortex:

Before installing mods—and especially if you're not used to it—I recommend making a disk image of your system and games disks. That way you can easily recover if it goes wrong. See link in my sig.

Never used any mods with the game and I would recommend you not install anything on your first run. Why? Because mods often change the way the game was meant to play out from the get-go. This could of course be good for some games (particularly older ones), but for Odessey, the game is already very beautiful looking (one of the best-looking games out there) and also plays really well.

As for tips/tricks I would recommend just playing the game the way you want to play it. There are so many guides on how to play the game and what not to do or do earlier, but most often you'll enjoy the game more playing it the way you want to play it and making your own story as you progress.

A couple of tips I do want to throw out there on your journey: Don't think too much about upgrading your weapons/armor. It costs a lot of resources, meaning you'll have to grind more. Pick up and use the weapons on the go and transmog the ones with the best look. If you do want to upgrade your most beloved gear, I would recommend upgrading every ten-level or so, but to be honest, you'll be better off waiting for gear optimization when you reach the end game.

I would recommend not playing on the easiest difficulty. The game has some challenging parts, but mostly you'll be slaying mobs from left to right, even on the hardest difficulty.

Last edited:
I haven't played the game, but there seem to be loads of mods:
How to use them = read the instructions—each mod may be different in how it's used.

Or it's possible a bunch of them can be easily installed using Nexus's Vortex:

Before installing mods—and especially if you're not used to it—I recommend making a disk image of your system and games disks. That way you can easily recover if it goes wrong. See link in my sig.
Wow. I stand corrected! I had no idea there was a modding community for AC games.

I own four lol. One stays in the office with my rig, the other three live in the living room by the TV for couch co-op. I’ll always be a Steam Controller stan. I love the customizability of the binds and functions.
I never tried one, but the haptic touchpads in place of analog sticks seemed kind of weird. How does that work out for you? Did it take a long time to get used to?

McStabStab

Community Contributor
I never tried one, but the haptic touchpads in place of analog sticks seemed kind of weird. How does that work out for you? Did it take a long time to get used to?

it took a little to get used to, but honestly it wasn’t the controller’s fault, it was usually just me needing to get into the settings and tweak the sensitivity or the functionality of the haptic pad. You can make it act like a touchpad, or a joystick, etc. The good thing is there’s tons of community created configs to try different control schemes on.

TRENDING THREADS