Question Thoughts please

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
In many modern role-playing games (RPGs), moral decision-making and character alignment systems have been implemented to provide depth and replayability. However, there's an ongoing debate on the efficacy and ethical implications of these systems.

Considering the potential for moral subjectivity and cultural bias in designing these systems, to what extent do you think game developers can create a universally engaging moral decision-making framework that resonates with a diverse player base, while still maintaining a compelling narrative and character development?

Moreover, how do these moral frameworks in RPGs reflect or distort real-world ethical dilemmas and the human condition?

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Continuing,

the incorporation of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) technologies presents a novel avenue for enhancing the complexity and dynamism of moral decision-making systems. By leveraging AI and ML, game developers have the potential to create highly adaptive moral landscapes that evolve in response to player decisions, potentially offering a more nuanced and personalized narrative experience.

However, this raises further questions:
  1. To what extent could AI and ML contribute to the development of more sophisticated and responsive moral decision-making frameworks in RPGs?
  2. How might the integration of AI and ML affect the representation and exploration of ethical dilemmas within a game's narrative?
  3. Could the use of AI and ML in moral decision-making systems lead to unintended consequences, such as reinforcing or amplifying existing biases or moral frameworks?
  4. How could developers ensure that the incorporation of AI and ML leads to enriching, thought-provoking moral dilemmas rather than a deterministic or overly mechanistic moral framework?
  5. As AI and ML could potentially analyze and adapt to individual player behavior, what ethical considerations regarding data privacy and psychological impact should be taken into account?
  6. Finally, could the intersection of AI, ML, and moral decision-making in RPGs provide any insights or lessons that could be applied to real-world ethical and moral discussions, especially as AI and ML become increasingly integrated into our daily decision-making processes?

As i have mentioned on other postings i have been a gamer since 1982 , i dont actually care how a game is made as long as it is enjoyable , some " war type " games are based on events in countries that actually happened , i have never used any of those games as they just dont appeal to me , i prefer what you might call fantasy type fighting games such as diablo , mass effect , dragons age etc.

Some areas of gaming actually reflect what could as does take place in the real world , take the game satisfactory for example its a construction game and i i use it every day for almost 2 years. In the real world you cant make aluminium out of plastic and rubber and the same rules apply in the game.

With regards to morals i think games writers are responsible enough to realise that their are certain thing they should not include such as rape , excusive drug take , violence against woman and children , i am sure others could add what they also consider .... no go areas in games , at the end of the day gaming is supposed to be fun.

Has anyone reading this used a game and thought ..... how did the makers get away with that ....

Many years ago i grabbed the thing as it was being pulled off the shelves because way back then it was not acceptable to see a sniper split open somebody head.

Manhunt had been around on the consoles for a long time , it came out on pc and not long after it was pulled and banned because a copy of it was found in the room of a person who killed somebody.

FOOTNOTE .... Many months after the usa twin towers were attacked a lot of companies said they had games they would never be able to release because the towers were featured in their games.

Apologies to anyone who think this posting is too big but the op did ask for feedback so thats what i gave him.

TRENDING THREADS