The world is ending choose a game to play until its over

Does the end of everything coincide with end of game? Or it happens at some random point?
Just curious... might change what game people choose.

If end comes when you finish, I just choose a game I can play until I need to sleep. If its at a random time, I guess it doesn't really matter... just need something good to distract you from it all.

If the end only happens when game ends... WOW (or any mmo). It has no end lol... world won't end anytime soon.

Last edited:
I think last time we had a similar discussion in the forums, I chose Morrowind. Now I would have chosen The Legend of Zelda: Tears of The Kingdom. The game is large and packed to the brim with quests, puzzles, beautiful areas, superb soundtrack, a good main story, fun characters, mounts, housing, and overall just a fantastic game to be playing until the world ends.

Reactions: Pifanjr and Alm
It depends a bit on what is ending the world. I'm not going to be playing a zombie game to get my mind off of the impending zombie horde.

I was struggling a bit on whether I would want to play a game that requires all my attention or a game that allows me to relax. In the end, I think I'd just go with continuing my Baldur's Gate 3 game. I'm already invested in it, I know it'll hold my attention and it'll allow me to escape into a fantasy that I can project the feeling of my impending doom into without it feeling overwhelming.

Does the end of everything coincide with end of game? Or it happens at some random point?
Just curious... might change what game people choose.

If end comes when you finish, I just choose a game I can play until I need to sleep. If its at a random time, I guess it doesn't really matter... just need something good to distract you from it all.

If the end only happens when game ends... WOW (or any mmo). It has no end lol... world won't end anytime soon.
You'd be better off with a sandbox game that literally has no beginning, middle or end. You actually can run out of content in an MMO. which would be the end in my interpretation.

Reactions: Brian Boru and Alm

Zloth

Community Contributor
The old Infocom "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"? It's about the end of the world and the happy, go-lucky days that follow.

Unless it's the-world-ends-when-you-finish version. Then it's X4. Not only is there no end, but (if you're careful) you can leave it running overnight. Or, more to the point, it runs while I'm out explaining the situation to everyone so the nation's top engineers can figure out how to keep my PC running perpetually. Wouldn't want a squirrel to flick its tail, cause a power blink, and end the world!

Sep 21, 2023
Visit site
This question resonates with me because gaming has been more than a hobby—it's been a connection to different parts of my life. If I had to choose a game before the world ends, it reminds me of how my gaming journey began. From playing Snake on my old phone to creating worlds in The Sims, gaming has been a form of freedom. As I grew older, I discovered console gaming, and that opened a whole new world. The first game I really fell in love with was Mortal Kombat. The rush of those intense battles, the iconic characters, the satisfaction of mastering moves—it was everything a teenager could ask for. Then came FIFA, and with it, the endless nights playing with friends, the shared victories, and sometimes, the heartbreak of last-minute goals. The emotions these games stirred in me, both the highs and the lows, made those moments unforgettable. Being from Australia, though, one game that has truly captured my attention over the years is online pokies. It’s incredibly popular here, and I couldn’t help but get swept up in the thrill of spinning those reels, watching the symbols line up in the hope of a win. There’s something about pokies that feels so quintessentially Aussie, and it’s become one of my favorite ways to unwind.

So, if the world were ending and I had to pick just one game to play until my time was up, it would have to be something that brings me back to those raw, emotional moments from my teenage years. Mortal Kombat or FIFA, perhaps, for their memories they carry. Or maybe I’d play a few rounds of online pokies, embracing the excitement that so many Aussies feel when they spin the reels. Whatever the game, I’d want it to remind me of all the joy, excitement, and even frustration gaming has given me over the years—a fitting way to go out, with one final rush of emotion.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts