The Evolution of World of Warcraft

2001 - 2020
I didn't think much of it 2001—2004 since it only launched 2004-11 USA & 2005 elsewhere.
Why are you not interested in 2021?

In the unlikely event that this is a serious question, please elaborate why people should take such a shoddy question seriously.

If anyone else in the established community is interested in the topic, I recommend starting your own thread since there's a good chance this one will disappear in the near future.

Aug 18, 2021
Visit site
I didn't think much of it 2001—2004 since it only launched 2004-11 USA & 2005 elsewhere.
Why are you not interested in 2021?

In the unlikely event that this is a serious question, please elaborate why people should take such a shoddy question seriously.

If anyone else in the established community is interested in the topic, I recommend starting your own thread since there's a good chance this one will disappear in the near future.

Hey there.... I know the game is highly popular, but not exactly sure what the craze is. I've been a Halo player myself - and the progression of the game was one of the main reasons I followed it. That being said, I was trying to get an understanding of how WOW progressed from people who've been playing it for a long time so my interest might be peaked. As far as the dates are concerned - I got my info by third party (having never played it before).

Now if you're willing to give me a real opinion on this matter, I'll greatly appreciate it. If not - then criticizing, and trying to lead people away from answering to the thread is not....

Reactions: Brian Boru
Well said, and I'm delighted to discover it's a serious question. I haven't played WoW myself, but hopefully you'll get some interesting replies.

trying to lead people away from answering
This thread should make clearer what we have to deal with here, and why we're extra careful about our genuine members wasting their time:

Welcome to the forum :)

Aug 18, 2021
Visit site
Well said, and I'm delighted to discover it's a serious question. I haven't played WoW myself, but hopefully you'll get some interesting replies.

This thread should make clearer what we have to deal with here, and why we're extra careful about our genuine members wasting their time:

Welcome to the forum :)

Okay - I got it.... I was multi-tasking at the time I wrote that. I'll be sure to be more careful in the future. I haven't been into RPG's since the days of NES games like "Dragon Warrior" (yeah I'm getting long in the tooth)..... Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: Brian Boru
WOW adapted to fit into as many different gaming genres as people would accept it in, to point it wasn't the same game 14 years later compared to how it was at launch. It used to be all about getting to 60, then is all became about end game and that was where it lost me, I liked levelling up, the end of the game was the boring part. Now its all about the damn purples and getting tiny increases in stats, that is if game lasts much longer after 2021... can always hope it dies

Reactions: Pifanjr
Aug 18, 2021
Visit site
WOW adapted to fit into as many different gaming genres as people would accept it in, to point it wasn't the same game 14 years later compared to how it was at launch. It used to be all about getting to 60, then is all became about end game and that was where it lost me, I liked levelling up, the end of the game was the boring part. Now its all about the damn purples and getting tiny increases in stats, that is if game lasts much longer after 2021... can always hope it dies

I'm trying to figure out what the big craze is about it... There's RPG's out here now that can take your breath away with graphics and gameplay. I just don't see WOW on the level of some of what I see in some of these other game trailers....

Zloth

Community Contributor
Now? Oh heavens - I started writing up this big post on how WoW looked compared to other MMOs around the end of 2004. Why people play it now is easy: nostalgia. They had fun times back in the day, so they want to do it again. I popped in to City of Heroes a few months back just for the nostalgia and it was fun stuff!

Reactions: Pifanjr
I think the evolution of WoW was pretty expected. A company wants to keep a game with as many users for as long of a time as it can when it comes to an MMO imo. So it changes based on what can achieve this goal, whether thats been for the better or not. I dont think itll die anytime soon.

TRENDING THREADS