The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim or Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skyrim doesn't officially have multiplayer, but there is an unofficial multiplayer mod, though last I checked it was still in beta. I haven't tried it myself, so I don't know if you need to know someone who has the mod too, or if it offers a lobby and matchmaking. I'm sure it probably says somewhere on its site, here:

Having said that, from your post it sounds like you haven't played Skyrim, so it might be overwhelming to jump in with (what I presume is) a massive mod like Skyrim Together.

Elder Scrolls online differs from the regular Elder Scrolls installments (Skyrim, Morrowind, Oblivion, etc.) in that it's more of a traditional MMO experience, and all of the restrictions and tropes that go with that, whereas Skyrim is a lot more of an open sandbox where you get to decide how things go, and when.

If you're interested in a large singleplayer game in the vein of The Elder Scrolls, I would recommend Skyrim. But if your main interest is multiplayer, then perhaps get ESO instead. Just know that it's not "Skyrim Online." (It takes places hundreds of years before the main Elder Scrolls games, in fact.)

I hope this helps!

Sep 2, 2020
Visit site
Skyrim doesn't officially have multiplayer, but there is an unofficial multiplayer mod, though last I checked it was still in beta. I haven't tried it myself, so I don't know if you need to know someone who has the mod too, or if it offers a lobby and matchmaking. I'm sure it probably says somewhere on its site, here:

Having said that, from your post it sounds like you haven't played Skyrim, so it might be overwhelming to jump in with (what I presume is) a massive mod like Skyrim Together.

Elder Scrolls online differs from the regular Elder Scrolls installments (Skyrim, Morrowind, Oblivion, etc.) in that it's more of a traditional MMO experience, and all of the restrictions and tropes that go with that, whereas Skyrim is a lot more of an open sandbox where you get to decide how things go, and when.

If you're interested in a large singleplayer game in the vein of The Elder Scrolls, I would recommend Skyrim. But if your main interest is multiplayer, then perhaps get ESO instead. Just know that it's not "Skyrim Online." (It takes places hundreds of years before the main Elder Scrolls games, in fact.)

I hope this helps!

A very complete and fulfilling answer: thanks a lot. I believe I'll go for both games.

Feb 22, 2021
Visit site
I know this is a late reply, but as I saw you got both games, if you got enough time for gaming, try out Morrowind. Its in my opinion far better than both, its where it all started (not mentioning the first 2 Elder Scroll games).

That game is far more complicated and the best Elder Scrolls game, but as its an old game (came out in 2002), its a little outdated for todays gamers. But there are lots of mods to help you out with graphics and everything else that you need, like for Skyrim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS