The Currently Playing & Random Game Thoughts Thread (March 13 to 19)

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Did anyone see the Stand with Ukraine Humble Bundle? There are a ton of really great games for $40.

I just tried to buy it, and it wouldn't let me. Gave me a message that they were limited in how many they could sell. I shouldn't have been buying it anyway, so that's good for me. Really just wanted to look at a couple of those all-in-one game engines and Music Maker, anyway.

I reloaded and took the autoresolve.
CHEATER!

I always quick-save before manually fighting. This morning I was playing as the ogres and intercepted a dwarven army in the underway. The game said it would be a "close defeat" if I auto-resolved. My troops were very depleted from several recent battles and settling in an abandoned city. I decided to give it a try anyway, so I quick-saved, got my butt kicked, reloaded and let them pass uncontested.

Been playing the chivalry 2 trial this weekend because my wacom stylus broke (So no drawing/art till next week earliest now...). been playing the beginner mode and having some fun trying to unlock some of the classes. The few times i've played the game, i've noticed my hands shaking from the surge of adrenaline/ excitement. Which is a good thing especially that i'm having fun.

been holding my own against the other beginners. Although i have noticed some rank 100-200 getting into the game. Either to grind or to gank beginners. Should i move back into the main large 40vs40 or 32/32 games? We'll see...

Is there a breakdown somewhere of how much of the donations actually make it to those in need? I'm not familiar with any of the organizations mentioned as beneficiaries.
Pifanjr has got you!

Honestly, I hadn't looked at it. While I think it's great to support the people of Ukraine, I just saw a list of the games included, and thought it was too good of a deal to not mention to PC gamers. None of them are really new, but if you don't already have them, there are a few top notch games in that list.

I just tried to buy it, and it wouldn't let me. Gave me a message that they were limited in how many they could sell. I shouldn't have been buying it anyway, so that's good for me. Really just wanted to look at a couple of those all-in-one game engines and Music Maker, anyway.
Wow. That kind of sucks that it's like that, though. I've never heard of a Humble Bundle being like that.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Age of Wonders: Planetfall has an option right in the battle results to let you re-play the battle. It was crucial when I was first learning the game and still comes in handy when I pull a bonehead.

I revved up Greedfall last night. So far, so good - though the combat is a little bit janky as a mage. Battles start up when you get fairly close to an enemy. You can tell because enemies get health bars over their heads and, of course, they start trying to murder you. If you back off too much, though, the health bars vanish, and everybody left alive runs back to their starting positions! As a mage, I like shooting from a distance, which means backing away from that nasty guy with a mace. Dang battles keep ending on me!

Surprised no one's talking about Gundam Evolution's upcoming closed beta. It's looking to bring mobile suits to a hero shooter setting, and it'll probably be the next best thing regarding the playing of Gundam games on the absolute worst platform for Japnese games.

Reactions: Pifanjr
Age of Wonders: Planetfall has an option right in the battle results to let you re-play the battle. It was crucial when I was first learning the game and still comes in handy when I pull a bonehead.

I revved up Greedfall last night. So far, so good - though the combat is a little bit janky as a mage. Battles start up when you get fairly close to an enemy. You can tell because enemies get health bars over their heads and, of course, they start trying to murder you. If you back off too much, though, the health bars vanish, and everybody left alive runs back to their starting positions! As a mage, I like shooting from a distance, which means backing away from that nasty guy with a mace. Dang battles keep ending on me!
Let me know what you think about Greedfall. I played like 10 minutes of it and moved on to something else. I could tell from the beginning practice thing that the combat was going to be very janky. And the controls and animations seemed kind of jerky, too. But sometime I might give it a little more time because it seemed like maybe it could end up being cool if I could get past that.

Reactions: Pifanjr
CHEATER!

I always quick-save before manually fighting. This morning I was playing as the ogres and intercepted a dwarven army in the underway. The game said it would be a "close defeat" if I auto-resolved. My troops were very depleted from several recent battles and settling in an abandoned city. I decided to give it a try anyway, so I quick-saved, got my butt kicked, reloaded and let them pass uncontested.

I mostly enjoy Warhammer 2 as a power fantasy honestly. I don't mind losing a battle occasionally, but it's a bother when it's against a minor faction that I already almost wiped out.

Zed, I bought the bundle and don't plan on using the Music Maker key. If you want it, it's yours.

My daughter came up with a new game for when we play Stardew Valley together. Now she plays as the mother and I am her child and she brings me to daycare (Willy's house) or school (the community center). However, a child is of course not supposed to just run off, so I have to follow her as close as possible.
Luckily I have extensive experience with following NPCs that go slower than the player and get stuck on the environment every so often.

TRENDING THREADS